Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: I want a nice scale lookin crawler! Axial SCX10 TR??? good? or no???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 11:41 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default I want a nice scale lookin crawler! Axial SCX10 TR??? good? or no???

Im looking 4 a nice scale rock crawler! the Axial SCX10 TR looks extreamly appealing to me. would it be a good choice 2 go with it??

Also i want to put a faster Brushless set up in it. i dont mean a BL set up 2 go 60 mph but 1 that does about 25-30mph. would it b able 2 handle a motor like that?

Thank you!
yellowpasta2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
RCC Addict

honestly running 25-30 on a link type suspension is not really ideal.

you might want to check out the build threads in the scx10 section
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
RCC Addict

You COULD make an SCX10 fast, but its called crawling lol, they are made to crawl over rediculous terrain, not go fast. I say try it and report back, would be an interesting build!!! I love my TR and it has been nothing but reliable and tough so I wouldnt hesitate getting another!
Matt
66sprint6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

the tr is a badass setup, the top could be more realistic though, thats why i am going with the tamiya ford top
ttown180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

do like a trophy truck build??
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s View Post
do like a trophy truck build??
No not a trophy truck I want the same truck but just not stuck in 4w low lol I want it 2 have some decent speed n when I plan on doin slow crawling I'll jus change the pinion!
Old 11-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #7

well i have the kit scx10 it has been reliable, tough, fun.
lots of the guys here have been getting the tr version and they have been just as tough , so as far as the truck, its great, i wouldnt hesitate to buy one now that have seen what they can do..

ive seen some videos of guys putting 2 speed trannys in them so they can crawl and go fast,, but like mentioned before,, they werent made for that..
omarsez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:55 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarsez View Post
well i have the kit scx10 it has been reliable, tough, fun.
lots of the guys here have been getting the tr version and they have been just as tough , so as far as the truck, its great, i wouldnt hesitate to buy one now that have seen what they can do..

ive seen some videos of guys putting 2 speed trannys in them so they can crawl and go fast,, but like mentioned before,, they werent made for that..
2speed tranny would b just what im lookin 4! i wana go fast just on flat dirt... how does the 2 speed work? is it selectable gears or does it shift like a normal rc 2speed?
Old 11-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

A low turn brushed motor works really good for crawling and going fast.
I have a 12 turn from a slash in mine and it crawls very well and can pull about 18-21 mph.
Tortuga275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:39 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortuga275 View Post
A low turn brushed motor works really good for crawling and going fast.
I have a 12 turn from a slash in mine and it crawls very well and can pull about 18-21 mph.
but i have a brushless motor n esc (waterproof) just begging 2 b installed in something lol n i was searching 4 a new rc 2 buy n have made my decision i want this scx10 tr!
Old 11-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #11
RCC Addict

If you're going to be replacing the motor and esc right away, I would suggest getting the kit version. If money's tight, just pick up a cheapo AM tx/rx and steering servo. Just my .02, good luck
Gimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:31 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb5450 View Post
If you're going to be replacing the motor and esc right away, I would suggest getting the kit version. If money's tight, just pick up a cheapo AM tx/rx and steering servo. Just my .02, good luck
i already have the radio and i already have servos laying around.... but does the TR come in a kit version???????

are then any benefits other then price 2 go w/ the kit? cuz i still want the TR body n light system... does the kit have better parts or better shocks or anything?

Last edited by yellowpasta2000; 11-05-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:44 PM   #13
I joined the Band!

The kit comes with aluminum suspension links and aluminum steering links
proraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by proraptor View Post
The kit comes with aluminum suspension links and aluminum steering links
Plus the satisfaction of building your own truck and knowing it's done right.

You can get lighting systems on ebay for dirt cheap. Plus most run on there own 9V batteries so they don't draw anything from your running system. I run 9 LED's up front and 2 reds in the rear, using 2 9V's. You can check out my build thread (click my signature) for pictures of everything.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb5450 View Post
Plus the satisfaction of building your own truck and knowing it's done right.

You can get lighting systems on ebay for dirt cheap. Plus most run on there own 9V batteries so they don't draw anything from your running system. I run 9 LED's up front and 2 reds in the rear, using 2 9V's. You can check out my build thread (click my signature) for pictures of everything.
I strictly only use 2 build my cars but now I just dnt care unless it's a car I use to race at the track n lately too lazy to build I just Wana play lol well I think I'll b ok without alum links no?
Old 11-06-2009, 03:21 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpasta2000 View Post
I strictly only use 2 build my cars but now I just dnt care unless it's a car I use to race at the track n lately too lazy to build I just Wana play lol well I think I'll b ok without alum links no?

I wouldn't count on it if you're planning on doing 25 mph. You're too young to be lazy.
DonsATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:05 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

If you go with the kit you should know you won't get that body, you won't get the side rockers, or the front and rear bumpers that are on the tr, also no lighting system. But as mentioned above all your links will be AL and you get to put it together yourself.

I think you may be suprised by the TR's speed. If you've been working with nothing but crawlers before it you'll be suprised when you pull full throttle on the TR. I know I was, it can definatley dip through the trails as is.
nics1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonsATV View Post
I wouldn't count on it if you're planning on doing 25 mph. You're too young to be lazy.
noone needs u 2 count on anything bud... never 2 young 2 be lazy!! hahaha
Old 11-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nics1152 View Post
If you go with the kit you should know you won't get that body, you won't get the side rockers, or the front and rear bumpers that are on the tr, also no lighting system. But as mentioned above all your links will be AL and you get to put it together yourself.

I think you may be suprised by the TR's speed. If you've been working with nothing but crawlers before it you'll be suprised when you pull full throttle on the TR. I know I was, it can definatley dip through the trails as is.
and that is why i want the TR! yea i realized that it does have some decent speed watching it in some videos... i might just leave it stock n find another car 2 put my BL in!
Old 11-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpasta2000 View Post
and that is why i want the TR! yea i realized that it does have some decent speed watching it in some videos... i might just leave it stock n find another car 2 put my BL in!
Could I suggest a Slash?