Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: FireWires SCX Build, in Iraq

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default FireWires SCX Build, in Iraq

I figured since everyone else is putting up pics of their SCX, I should at least do the same. Fortunately for me, I am a big friend of the Search button and have figured out how to wire up my 3Racing winch, my LEDs, and make sure my FXR/35t combo gets enough power.

First, the boring stuff, truck info.

SCX10TR
Tekin FXR w/ 35t motor
Thunder Power 3s 2100mah Lipos
3Racing Winch

and that's really it for now, but back home I do have an Intimidator body getting gone by The Scale Shop (that's a free plug for doing the work) that will feature a drop bed, working lightbar, and then I will install all the other lights and whatnot on it. Should look pretty sweet, just need to figure out what wheels/tires to get on it.

Sorry about rambling, here's the damn pics already!!!!

(Wait, that's my dog)

(Wait, that's my other dog. ;))

Thanks for looking, and I'll post more pics when I add some goodies to it.
FireWire79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Cool pics and thank you for what you do!

I just installed RC4WD 1.9 Rok Lox on my TR with black Axial beadlock rims and I love them! The tires are just a tad taller then the Proline Flatirons and seem very "grippy."
Testing out the tires on Sunday and will report back.
Bellvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I take it you had a good time by the looks of it lol, cute dogs as well.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Yes,Thank You all for what you do! Nice Truck you got too.
JUGGARNAUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Thanks for your service!
Cool truck also.
KevenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Nice rig so far bro! Glad you can do some scaling out there to ease the time! Thanks for the pics and all your hard work over there!
Keep the pics coming!
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #7
I joined the Band!

Do you have any pics of that body you are getting done? Ive never heard of it
proraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #8
RCC Addict

great pics i love the dirty pics its so much better than just showing it clean and shiny. glad to see your having some fun while doing something so great for all of us thank you very much do you have other friends there to crawl with
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

hey dogs make excelent crawlers... have u seen the articulation they have?? put em on a leash n pull em through a course n see how crazzyyyyy they articulate! its sickk!! ur not even gona wana drive ur rc nemore ur just gona pull ur dogs around the courses! trust me its sick!!
yellowpasta2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by proraptor View Post
Do you have any pics of that body you are getting done? Ive never heard of it
It is a Dale Earndhard Silverado SS Intimidator, I am going to check with Stang Killa in a few days and see if he's made any progress on it. If he has some pics for me I will put them up.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:58 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevenP View Post
Thanks for your service!
Cool truck also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJones View Post
Nice rig Soldier. Thanks for your service, be safe.
Thanks for all you've done, this American appreciates it!(salutes you) Instead of pics of the crawler, lets see some video of that ERevo!
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:08 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Thanks for your service! Nice lookin rig too. Can you get any action shots to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpasta2000 View Post
hey dogs make excelent crawlers... have u seen the articulation they have?? put em on a leash n pull em through a course n see how crazzyyyyy they articulate! its sickk!! ur not even gona wana drive ur rc nemore ur just gona pull ur dogs around the courses! trust me its sick!!
And this guy is a retard.
DonsATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

That retard made me laugh though, it was kinda funny. I will get some poser pics and some action shots tomorrow, as it is my day off. I did come up with a question or two though.

1. How many BECs do I need to run to power the FXR combo on 3s, with winch and working lights?
2. How did ColquittCustom405 know I have a ERBE? Or at least a mini? Are you stalking me? ;)

Thanks for the comments and I will try to get some good pics without violating OPSEC!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWire79 View Post
That retard made me laugh though, it was kinda funny. I will get some poser pics and some action shots tomorrow, as it is my day off. I did come up with a question or two though.

1. How many BECs do I need to run to power the FXR combo on 3s, with winch and working lights?
2. How did ColquittCustom405 know I have a ERBE? Or at least a mini? Are you stalking me? ;)

Thanks for the comments and I will try to get some good pics without violating OPSEC!!!
1. One bec is all you will need
2. You can see the box under the bed in the 1st pic!

Is there any rocks over there? Or just sand & mud. Either way looks like you had fun.
And thank you for risking your but for us! And be safe buddy
Crawln Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:18 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

there was an awesome trech right by my little hut, for drainage, and it was filled with lots of perfect sized rocks. But KBR came in today and filled all the ditches and got rid of my nearby crawl spot. There is a track near the hut, and we will be racing again soon. Time for the Revo to show those nitro kids whose boss. The track does have a crawl spot for rock-crawlers, and the LHS owner will be adding some more rocks soon. Too bad all the things he sells are imported from China.

I will get some pics of the "rock crawler" he has for sale. Its a super with 7" tires, MOA, all aluminum, and topped of with a New-Bright H2 body smaller than any 1.9 scale body I have seen. It looks rediculous. Oh, and I forgot the best part, it powers two 540 sized motors with a single 6-cell NiMh pack. It must have so much torque and power it must be unstoppable. The best part is the price, just an unbeatable $500. What a deal!!!!!!

It literally made my week to see that thing. It has to be the ugliest rig I have ever seen. And I will post some pics up tonight, I just got back from crawling and snapped a few good pics.

One more thing, and then I'm done, as I am hungry. How high can I raise the body to get more articulation without sacrificing the COG? I brought it up some, and no loss yet, but I know it will be tippy if I raise it to much more.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:44 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Here's the pics from today that I promised. This thing has taken a serious beating, now I just need to find the right kind of tires to help me get a grip on the rocks out here, mostly busted up concrete so it makes a difficult choice, as some of it is slick, and some if it is rough and sticky.

Here's the pricks, I mean pics, you asked for.

TTFN!!
Old 11-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

lookin good man! TRs FTW!
ttown180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

OK, so I got my BEC in today, and I totally forgot how to wire it in. Since I have a TQ3 with matching RX, do I plug the other end of the BEC to other CH1 slot, or do I run a Y-cable into the same channel as the servo?

Just in case here is how it is wired now. No pics, just text, I am kinda lazy.

CH1 Stock Servo
CH2 FX-R w/ 35t Motor
CH3 Winch Controller
CH4 LED Controller

But since it has an extra slot for an additional steering servo, do I just plug the ESC in there and call it good?
Old 11-13-2009, 10:44 AM   #19
RCC Addict

I wired a BEC into mine but couldnt plug it into anything, had to take apart the servo 3 pin plug and move some things around. I cant entirely remember but Ill try to get a pic tonight if noones answered before then.

As for the tires, i keep goin to other tires, cutting tires, hell, even making frankenstein tires, different foams and weights etc and NOTHING beats the stock rims with the flat irons that came with it...its rediculous. Ive even thought a couple times I had finally found a better combo, slapped the old Flat Irons back on and just walk right up the hardest line I had struggled with earlier. Thats on the rock here in TN as well as some brick I had layin around. Interested in hearing what works best out there with the concrete stuff your messin with.

Matt
66sprint6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:58 AM   #20

cool rig man
guzbus is offline   Reply With Quote