Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Differences between SCX10 and 10TR?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default Differences between SCX10 and 10TR?

Im wondering if there any mechanical differences between the SCX10 and SCX10TR. I know the TR comes RTR and the SCX10 does not and that they have different bodies, but is that where the differences stop? Im thinking of getting one in the spring with tax return money. The Axial website talks about gear ratios and whatnot on the TR, but is fairly vague about specs on the SCX10. Im looking to build something on the faster side of things, more like Benders Prerunner build. Probably going to put my Trinity CO27 motor in it with my XL-5 and run a 2s lipo.

Just curious if the extra price tag is justified since I wouldnt use the body and probably not the electronics either since my Traxxas stuff is all waterproof.
devestator_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2009, 06:21 PM   #2
Built, not bought

Since you don't plan on using that stuff,I'd go with the kit.You get the joy (it really is) of building it and,it costs less.As far as I know,they're mechanically the same.
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
RCC Addict

The kit has aluminum links and ugly green beadlock rings.

The TR has plastic links, grey beadlock rings and I think it comes with some 4 link mounts.

I think the rest is the same other than the body and the one coming with electronics.

Last edited by BigB_117; 11-17-2009 at 06:27 PM.
BigB_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:28 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

The tr has plastic links,scx-10 alum ones. The tr has a 4link rear,scx is 3link. The sxc-10 imo is better buy.Stronger and you always can get a 4link rear. Put in better electronics,which you will want shortly after buying the tr.
tklatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:38 PM   #5
Built, not bought

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB_117 View Post
The kit has aluminum links and ugly green beadlock rings.

The TR has plastic links, grey beadlock rings and I think it comes with some 4 link mounts.

I think the rest is the same other than the body and the one coming with electronics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tklatti View Post
The tr has plastic links,scx-10 alum ones. The tr has a 4link rear,scx is 3link. The sxc-10 imo is better buy.Stronger and you always can get a 4link rear. Put in better electronics,which you will want shortly after buying the tr.

Oh yeah,forgot those details.
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:07 AM   #6
I joined the Band!

Ok cool...thanks for the replies. I just didnt know if the scx10's trans was geared lower or something. Im really not into crawling and was looking for something at least as fast as my Wheely King, but more stable. I know it wont match the speed of my Stampede, but it should still be fun.

Also, I love building kits...I was so bummed that both the WK and 'Pede were RTR/ARTR.
devestator_x is offline   Reply With Quote