Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: SCX10 TR jk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 12:06 AM   #1

Default SCX10 TR jk

Got an scx10tr to get back into the hobby with. It's been a few years but I have always wanted to do more of a scale build. The Jk was perfect since I own a 1:1 TJ (mine) and a JK (the wifes). Had to give it a shot. Still have a long way to finish, but this is what I have so far. The fenders will be replaced with baking pan aluminum, seems to be easier to bend and work with. Just haven't tried it, yet.

Looking at how over my head I'll be getting.
Still new inside.
Got styrene and sullpies
Mock up after lengthening by making links, just not long enough. Rear needs to be extended a bit more.
used this stuff it came out like this

used this
on a box
with a better example

lower half is done. still needs sanding a bit. Hope this isn't too much in pictures. They're are off my iphone.

This is where it all sits so far. The top will be back to black with tinted windows. Interior will be done later. Lights will all work as well. I don't know if the clearcoat will still go over gloss without messing everything up. Would love to make bumpers, but haven't used styrene and want to play a bit before going to the drawing board. Need to know if styrene glues to aluminum and if you can put clearcoat over gloss. Also, how are you guys mounting your electronics? I'll be mounting my battery behind the dash. It fits perfect with the aluminum mount and straps. Hope these aren't too much or too blurry. Any ideas please let them fly. This is my first real build even though I went with a RTR. I've had kits and still love them. Just wanted to drive the TR and settle on a body. The tan on top looks less gold in person. It also dried a bit flatter. I'm sure you guys have seen links being built so i'll spare you the building links bit. Alot of you do incredible work. I want to get into the brazing for rock rails and stuff after the body and wheelbase are settled.
RC
rcmtdriver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2009, 10:48 AM   #2

Painted the top black. Next will be extending the rear and making fenders this weekend. I can't decide between 2.2's or 1.9's.
rcmtdriver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote