Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Scx10 Advice!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Scx10 Advice!

Hey guys I order my Scx10 a few days ago and it should be here any day now!!! I'm already looking ahead and wanting to improve the diffs and plastic pieces in the driveline.... Could any one give me a quick rundown on the different parts I can replace when it comes to this??? I wana give my parents a few ideas for christmas
Veilside159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I think The diff is ok , no need to change . For the shaft, you may look for the MIP for ax-10.
Aluminum C and knuckle from any vendor would be fine, then you
are good to go.
flybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I have not had to replace one part on the drive train, or any part of the truck, since I bought it 4 months ago. I am running a 3s setup, with 35t, and beat on it pretty hard. You don't need to replace anything. The only thing I would get are the drive shaft rings. The truck is solid, the money should be spent on making it look nice and performance. It depends on what version of the truck you got.

Drunk
DrunkDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
RCC Addict

The only part on the drivetrain I have had any need to replace are the shafts which I replaced with stampede shafts. Other than that it all holds up fine. This is 10 months of use with 3s lipo and a 35t motor.

Save the money on the aluminum c's and get a hand bros sterring kit. Much more bang for the buck. I would also get the 4link truss for the rear as well.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

may want to invest make it look more scale the drive train on this thing is pretty tough on this thing with the 1.9s they are pretty easy on the drive train
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Thanks guys I feel much better about my choice to get this rather than a ax10... I do plan on making this a scaler as soon as I get a torch to start brazing with!
Veilside159 is offline   Reply With Quote