Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Proline Scaler Shock Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 08:22 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Exclamation Proline Scaler Shock Issues

Just a warning to others using these shocks. I had purchased two pair on e-bay and the first two were fantastic! However when I took the second pair out of the packaging I found that either the shock bodies or the pre-load collar had been mis-machined and the threading did not engage. The collar would just push up and down on the body, with very little resistance caused by the o-ring that is installed in them.

Being a quality control engineer in my profession, seeing that both shocks in the second pair were like this I for see this as being a wide spread issues and not just isolated to the pair that I bought.

The quality department at Proline's manufacturing facility in Taiwan should have never let these leave the building. If they indeed have one, which I'm sure they do with the size of there operation.

So just a little waring to those out there using these shocks. Make sure to check your pre-load collars!

Alex
slolx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I also come across the same issue with a pair I bought for my SCX10. Kinda upset me. I emailed proline about the matter, and got nowhere.
dirttrackdemon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slolx50 View Post
Just a warning to others using these shocks. I had purchased two pair on e-bay and the first two were fantastic! However when I took the second pair out of the packaging I found that either the shock bodies or the pre-load collar had been mis-machined and the threading did not engage. The collar would just push up and down on the body, with very little resistance caused by the o-ring that is installed in them.

Being a quality control engineer in my profession, seeing that both shocks in the second pair were like this I for see this as being a wide spread issues and not just isolated to the pair that I bought.

The quality department at Proline's manufacturing facility in Taiwan should have never let these leave the building. If they indeed have one, which I'm sure they do with the size of there operation.

So just a little waring to those out there using these shocks. Make sure to check your pre-load collars!

Alex
Weird...I have 4 of them and they are super nice. Maybe contact proline about your issue and I'm sure they will help you.
proraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:13 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I have contacted them. But I am not expecting to much help. Hopefully the place I got them from will let me exchange them for another set...
Old 12-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I just checked my new set . They are doing what you talked about . Looks like the I.D. on the per-load adjuster was made to large . The threads want catch on the shock body . Here is a short clip to show what we are talking about .
Badd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:18 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I had a feeling that this might be a wide spread problem.

Now i guess we just hope that Proline addresses it...
Old 12-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I called Pro-Line and talked to
Jessica
Pro-Line Customer Service
Ph #: (951) 849-9781 ext 21
Fax #: (951) 922-9311
E-Mail: jcook@prolineracing.com

She said they wouldbe glad to take care of the problem . She e-mailed me a Return Authorization Number . She also said UPS would pick up the old set at no cost to me .
Old 12-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Yeah she emailed me today saying to call for am RMA so I can send them in. I will call tomorrow. Hopefully this can be remedied quickly.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:39 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Sound like to me they are going to take care of the problem .
Old 12-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badd View Post
Sound like to me they are going to take care of the problem .
I've never had any issues with Proline customer service. I'm sure they'll take care of it.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #11
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

I spoke with Scott over at Proline tonight, he is going to reply to this thread tomorrow regarding the issues some of you have seen with the shocks.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #12
Keep it real

I thought that was for quick/easy preload adjustment without wearing your fingers out
Mine sorta do that, but I can't just push it like Badd's vid, but when tightening I have to take the spring pressure off or it won't go down(just spins), but once down it hasn't moved on me.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:19 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

This sucks. I was wanting to order some of these but I dont want to order, then have to send them in to proline.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post
This sucks. I was wanting to order some of these but I dont want to order, then have to send them in to proline.
I agree Jeff but I still ordered a set...I mean out of the hundreds/thousands of sets that have been sold there really doesnt seem so be alot of people coming forward...

And even if the ones I receive have this problem I think I have a good fix for it
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:58 PM   #15
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post
I just ordered a set tonight, I'm not worried about it.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:12 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9popo View Post
I agree Jeff but I still ordered a set...I mean out of the hundreds/thousands of sets that have been sold there really doesnt seem so be alot of people coming forward...

And even if the ones I receive have this problem I think I have a good fix for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
I just ordered a set tonight, I'm not worried about it.
I know with Proline they will get fixed.

I just didnt want to put a build on hold because of shocks. I might just go ahead and order them, that way I can check them to see if they are ok.

Maybe mine will be ok, I have heard nothing but good things about them besides this.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Proline has some of the best CS in the business. The hand wringing over this is just silly. They have always said yes to me when I had a problem and I don't know if the word "no" is in their vocabulary.

I think Badger sums it up rather nicely.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:45 PM   #18

Hey Everyone,

Yes, we've found a problem with the shocks as a few of you have pointed out. It's not every pair and for sure, if you have any problems we are more than glad to take care of the issue. You can contact customer service and get an RMA at customerservice@prolineracing.com. I think it was posted earlier in this thread. In the meantime, we know all of our inhouse stock is fine. There may be some lingering ones out and about but few and far between. We'll pick up the freight to and from your door if you have an issue. They're in stock so return will be the same day as we receive them. You can order direct from our web site as well so your confident you get a good set.

Thanks to all those helping us answer some of the questions. We strive to give 100% good products out the door the first time. However, mistakes and oversights happen and that's when we want to provide you with the best service possible.

All the best and Happy Holidays!

Scott Hughes
Scott Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hughes View Post
Hey Everyone,

Yes, we've found a problem with the shocks as a few of you have pointed out. It's not every pair and for sure, if you have any problems we are more than glad to take care of the issue. You can contact customer service and get an RMA at customerservice@prolineracing.com. I think it was posted earlier in this thread. In the meantime, we know all of our inhouse stock is fine. There may be some lingering ones out and about but few and far between. We'll pick up the freight to and from your door if you have an issue. They're in stock so return will be the same day as we receive them. You can order direct from our web site as well so your confident you get a good set.

Thanks to all those helping us answer some of the questions. We strive to give 100% good products out the door the first time. However, mistakes and oversights happen and that's when we want to provide you with the best service possible.

All the best and Happy Holidays!

Scott Hughes
Now thats Customer Service. On a side note, in the 8 pairs I have I've not had the issue. Maybe they were from an earlier batch.
PANDAbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:28 PM   #20
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAbox View Post
On a side note, in the 8 pairs I have I've not had the issue. Maybe they were from an earlier batch.
Same here mine seem to be working fine.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote