Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Axial Scx10 problems...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Axial Scx10 problems...

So I just spent 249.99 on a scx10 kit and got it in the mail last night...
I started putting it together and rite from the start I noticed how horrible axial's instructions are... mislabled parts... part numbers that dont even exists????

Now I was fine with all of this as I'm an intelligent person and I was able to figure most everything out on my own... The HUGE problem I am now having is missing parts... Im missing a frigin shock hoop and the front bumper piece that goes between the frame rails all the way up front... So I did what any pissed off consumer would do... Call up axial to inform them of their shoty product and instructions... The gentlemen that I spoke too basicly told me I was lieng because he claimed they never have missing pieces... then when I demanded to speak to his supervisor he claimed he was the only person I would be speaking too...

So after I told the guy off and let him know how horrible of service I was getting he tried to tell me that it would be atleast a full 7 working days before I would get the pieces I need to finish this damn thing...

Bottom line I'm very sorry that I went with a scx10 or at least a kit that I had to assemble myself... But either way after this encounter with axial's CS im planning on selling this thing on ebay the second I finish it and buying a cc01 or something else...
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
Official Scale Nazi

You are being ridiculous. If you think for one second that every single box ANY RC company sends out is perfect, you are mistaken. I don't have enough fingers on my hands to count how many kits I've had come incomplete just from Tamiya over the last 20 years let alone other manufacturers.

Not to mention you're complaining that the Axial representative is helping you out. Depending where you live in the world, 7 days might just be the shortest time it can get to you. Maybe he's gonna take his time sending this out to you now since you're such a badass and "told him off". Good call.

I'm not sure what issues you had with the instructions but my friend's 10 year old son didn't seem to have any issues putting his scx10 kit together....
Old 12-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veilside159 View Post
I started putting it together and rite from the start I noticed how horrible axial's instructions are... mislabled parts... part numbers that dont even exists????

Now I was fine with all of this as I'm an intelligent person and I was able to figure most everything out on my own... The HUGE problem I am now having is missing parts... Im missing a frigin shock hoop and the front bumper piece that goes between the frame rails all the way up front... So I did what any pissed off consumer would do... Call up axial to inform them of their shoty product and instructions... The gentlemen that I spoke too basicly told me I was lieng because he claimed they never have missing pieces... then when I demanded to speak to his supervisor he claimed he was the only person I would be speaking too...

So after I told the guy off and let him know how horrible of service I was getting he tried to tell me that it would be atleast a full 7 working days before I would get the pieces I need to finish this damn thing...

Bottom line I'm very sorry that I went with a scx10 or at least a kit that I had to assemble myself... But either way after this encounter with axial's CS im planning on selling this thing on ebay the second I finish it and buying a cc01 or something else...
Take it easy , Axial will make it right I'm sure . Axial is a great company to deal with . As for the instructions there is 1 or 2 little problems with it . But if you look at the pics it is easy to put the kit together .Axail offers ARTR & RTR for people that don't have building skills . That might have been a better way for you to have gone . Eitherway give them a chance to make it right .

Oh yes I almost forgot what if you had been tring to build a scale rig 2 or 3 years ago ? You wouldn't have had a kit . Think about that for abit ...............

It took weeks to gather parts . Then you still ended up needing somethings else . So back to the LHS or Net . This went on untill the build was finished .
Old 12-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Now you know why there is a Newbie under your name. Try building with no instructions.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #5
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

I built mine and did not notice any misprints ... probably because I was too excited.

As far as waiting on the parts ...
Axial has been sold out of a lot of parts for the scx10 because they are waiting on the manufacturer, who may be waiting on materials, etc, blah, blah.

They did just get a shipment of parts in yesterday though, so hopefully they will have what you need and will be able to get it to you asap.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:51 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

My interactions with Axial have been nothing but pleasant. I've sold a couple kits that were missing a part or two, and they always made it right as quickly as they could, which was usually priority mail! Great company. I wish more cared about what customers want as much as they do...
Old 12-09-2009, 09:53 AM   #7
Keep it real

You did a good job spinning this in your favor
Get real, Paul's a great guy and you acted like a 10 year old who didn't get a cookie
Old 12-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
Get real, Paul's a great guy and you acted like a 10 year old who didn't get a cookie
Old 12-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

sounds like some1 woke up on the wrong side of the rock! hope ur porblems get solved bud!
Old 12-09-2009, 10:11 AM   #10
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Great another kid that thinks everything should be like Burger King and ''Have it your way''. Sooooo what your missing a few parts big deal. You should have been in the sport 4 or 5 years ago when you had to build everything yourself. I want to thank Axial for everything they have done and are doing for the R/C crawling and scale community.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:24 AM   #11
Sinking with the ship

Quote:

Now I was fine with all of this as I'm an intelligent person and I was able to figure most everything out on my own... .
"rite" is spelled right

I used to work for Iron Horse/ K2 mountain bikes doing customer service and there was always that one person that no matter what you did was never happy and had come on the internet and bash us

I have been in the hobby 15 years and I must say axials instructions are some of the best out there...try building a high lift with a 3 speed trans and let me know if you forget to glue the one bushing because I did and so did several others because its so poorly noted.

All I can say is have some patient, I am sure Axial will do right.

-Mike
Old 12-09-2009, 10:55 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

Lol you guys are not getting my point...

250 dollars in my mind should equal no problems... Otherwise why have a QC department... When I called axial I was told I was basically telling this guy a lie because "our kits are never missing parts"...
... Actually never mind... It's not worth typing any more.. I'll just get another "you should have been here 4-5 years ago" BS statement from some loser trolling the forum looking for people to disagree with... You guys sound like the proverbial old guy talking about walking to school in the snow up hill both ways when he was a kid...

Last edited by Veilside159; 12-09-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
"rite" is spelled right

-Mike
Are you that bored?
Old 12-09-2009, 11:05 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Lol you guys are not getting my point...

250 dollars in my mind should equal no problems... Otherwise why have a QC department... When I called axial I was told I was basically telling this guy a lie because "our kits are never missing parts"...
... Actually never mind... It's not worth typing any more.. I'll just get another "you should have been here 4-5 years ago" BS statement from some loser trolling the forum looking for people to disagree with... You guys sound like the proverbial old guy talking about walking to school in the snow up hill both ways when he was a kid...

Yeah, well I spent $40,000.00 on my full size truck, yet there there were still minor issue, it happenes. Get over it! Axial w/ get you the missing parts. As for "crappy" instructions, are you seriouse? Sounds like another nOOb w/o a clue.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #15
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
In my favor??? How do you get that? If things were in my favor than I would have parts in the mail that I would be getting in a day or 2 not a week+...

And the way your talking it sounds like you work for axial... That might explain alot... If you guys didnt spend so much time trolling the internet and spent more time doing your job maybe this problem would have never happened...
Old 12-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

The first kit I ever built was an AX-10 and its basically the same instructions as the scx-10 and I had absolutely no problems figuring the instructions out. I've built an scx-10 too and one part was messed up but I fabbed my own replacement and got the job done. I dont care what product or industry you talk about, when you deal with mass production a few bad apples are going to slip through. As far as customer service goes maybe you should be civil to the guy and not tell him off and maybe he'll return the courtesy.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Yeah, well I spent $40,000.00 on my full size truck, yet there there were still minor issue, it happenes. Get over it! Axial w/ get you the missing parts. As for "crappy" instructions, are you seriouse? Sounds like another nOOb w/o a clue.
... Or maybe Im referring to the mislabeled or incorrect part numbers listed next to the picture of the part? Hmm yep that could be it!!!

O and buddy if you bought a 40,000 dollar truck and your missing parts you might be the "nOOb"...
Old 12-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Old 12-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #19
Rock Stacker

^^^
Haha I'm glad you posted that for reference...
Then again I'd be making that face too if I just found out my "40k" truck was a POS...
Old 12-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #20
Moderator Rule Breaker

Quote:
In my favor??? How do you get that? If things were in my favor than I would have parts in the mail that I would be getting in a day or 2 not a week+...

And the way your talking it sounds like you work for axial... That might explain alot... If you guys didnt spend so much time trolling the internet and spent more time doing your job maybe this problem would have never happened...
Know your own sh!t before stepping in other peoples.
Closed Thread