Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: scx10 or xtrails

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default scx10 or xtrails

does anyone know how much defference there is from the scx10 chassis and the tcs xtrails chassis and if so what besides the plastic shock mounts
passinby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2009, 05:42 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

scx-10 is steel so you can braze stuff to it, i have had both chassis and feel the scx-10 is better
rider12693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by passinby View Post
does anyone know how much defference there is from the scx10 chassis and the tcs xtrails chassis and if so what besides the plastic shock mounts
I own both chassis and there is not much difference.

The biggest and most glaring is the SCX10 has NO adjustable wheelbase while the X-Trail Does, other than that they are prety much the same.

If your looking to turn your AX10 into a Scaler then the X-trail is the way to go.
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I converted from AX10 to X Trail and love it!!!
radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

SCX is "C" channel, Xtrail is flat stock. SCX is steel, Xtrail is aluminum. Both are good chassis, I think the SCX has a bit more scale look to it, but like stated above the Xtrail is much easier to change wheelbase on. IMO the Xtrail frame flexes too much set up the way the instructions say, you really need to make some better crossmembers to stiffen it up a bit. I currently run both and I prefer the SCX for it's scale look.
Fiveology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

thanks for the help guys im swapping my ax10 and i also have a scx10 and love it and wanted to build a 2.2 scaler and i just picked up a new bright jk body so i t looks like im ordering a scx chassis in the morning now i just need to decide 35t or 45t and i going to be runin 3s lipo in it
passinby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:55 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Box stock set up with Identical shocks (set up to be sprung not droop I never liked droop on a scale truck) the xtrail gives you more belly clearance, better COG, frame flex is an easy fix and easily adjustable WB 11.5-12.5 with stock links.
The SCX gives you far better suspension geometry making the rig more predictable, heavier and more to it=higher cog, frame flex=no problem, and WB 11.5 adjustable by new links only.
When I first changed out my xtrail's to SCX's I felt they lost a little performance. However tweaking and tuning has gained most of it back, In the end I prefer the scx over the xtrail because the whole reason I went with a scale chassis was for the scale look and the scx takes that hands down
rocresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:59 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Having owned a Xtrail and owning a SCX10 now I would never go back to an xtrail... Much prefer the scx10 for scale rigs..
BCCrawlerZ is offline   Reply With Quote