Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Advice SCX10 TR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 02:28 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Advice SCX10 TR

So i will be ordering me a new scx10 tr this week. I have several mods I have planned for this build. The first major things I want to do is convert the links over to aluminum from the plastic. And if possible use bent links as a 4link setup in the rear. I have no clue where to find a vendor who sales these. Im also wanting to know if I will need to use the memory foams with rok loxs? since I will have the beadlock from axial? Also I see everyone talking about needing a bec. I found a new ESC and BEC (Outcry Crawler Speed Controller with TurboBEC) but recomends usings a 30t motor. Since the motor is a 27t will I be harming it in anyway by having it underpowered? Finally I have a Dynamite Mega Peak charger from my rustler days. Will this work with a 3s llipo system or does it have a different charger.

1.) Where can I purchase aluminum links for the scx10, bent for 4 link?
2.) Do I need the memory foam with rok loxs if I have the beadlock?
3.) Will my charger work with a lipo battery.

I may have a few more questions as they arise.
house_Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2009, 04:04 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

the dynamite charger wont work for lipos you will need a lipo charger
passinby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:02 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Memory foam would be best but can use other foam if you want. Check out rpphobby for links and other things you may want..lol Good luck..
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Why would you need a BEC on the TR? It has one already.

www.tcscrawlers.com has the links you want in a variety of colors. There are some companies that offer delrin links too.

I don't know if I understand your reasoning behind thinking you don't need memory foams with beadlocks, the beadlocks are not air tight if that's what you are getting at. The memory foams simply compress and return better than most other options and can be cut for more compression and grip.

One thing before all I think is a neccesity is weighting the wheels. This is before the best enhancement I have done and is relatively cheap. I used small lead weights available at most hobby shops that carry model RR stuff. The weights are commonly used for RR cars and have sticky tape on one side.

If you are looking for some inexpensive lipo chargers and lipos, www.hobbyking.com is a good place to go. For 3s I would go somethere in the 2200-2500mah range good fitment in the truck although larger ones will fit.

One note is that if you are still going to change out electronics I would just get the kit, original or honcho.

Last edited by TexasSP; 12-13-2009 at 08:07 AM.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

How much weight is best to put in the front and rear wheels? On average
C_Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
Why would you need a BEC on the TR? It has one already.

www.tcscrawlers.com has the links you want in a variety of colors. There are some companies that offer delrin links too.

I don't know if I understand your reasoning behind thinking you don't need memory foams with beadlocks, the beadlocks are not air tight if that's what you are getting at. The memory foams simply compress and return better than most other options and can be cut for more compression and grip.

One thing before all I think is a neccesity is weighting the wheels. This is before the best enhancement I have done and is relatively cheap. I used small lead weights available at most hobby shops that carry model RR stuff. The weights are commonly used for RR cars and have sticky tape on one side.

If you are looking for some inexpensive lipo chargers and lipos, www.hobbyking.com is a good place to go. For 3s I would go somethere in the 2200-2500mah range good fitment in the truck although larger ones will fit.

One note is that if you are still going to change out electronics I would just get the kit, original or honcho.

Okay then I guess Ill pass on electronics and some of the other things for a while wont need drag brake till after christmas. I know some tires run better without foams in them. I have seen that said many of times. Im also going to just get a venom 3600 until i decide to upgrade to a better esc. Having to buy a charger is alittle out of reach for me.

Im also have 18oz. of stick-on wheel weights to use. gotta figure out how they mount.
house_Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:25 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I would like to know how much weight to put on each wheel. I need to figure that out.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:30 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

I think you should drive the TR as is for awhile to get the feel of the truck. after that, you will notice things that you may want to change to make it perform better. you will benefit from the memory foams and weight in the wheels and is a good starting point for improvements.
radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

is there a place that sells just the memory foams? Are they the proline ones that everyone talks about?