Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: H.e.l.p

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 07:59 PM   #1

Question H.e.l.p

I just bought an Axial SCX 10 TR. I want to apply Tamiya Toyota Tundra body to my SCX 10. But i dont know how can i do that. If someone did that before can he help me for that. If he has pictures about that it can be wonderful.

And i want to learn websites where can i buy scale bodies. I want bodies like Tamiya Toyota Tundra-Hilux Ford F-350 Jeep Wrangler Mitsubishi Pajero. I dont want transparent bodies they dont scale. I especially want Land Rover Defender and Discovery.

My english is not very good so I'm sorry. :(
...HadrieL... is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2009, 08:58 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Tundra body

If you go to rpphobby they have all the tamiya bodies. As for mounting it on an scx10 chassis its possible. Just need to get the body and start fabing mounts and getting it to fit. I have an f-350 body on mine fits beautiful just had to fab my own mounts. Look forward to seeing your build. And your english seems good to me.
alaskancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:02 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

ive got a used front cab and a truggy rear cage and bumper i could set you up with its going to go to the forsale section soon anyways but ull have to fab up your own body mounts, build a rear cage and make a bumber if u buy the cab from corey at rpp or any other retailer
punkuup5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:37 PM   #4

Thanks all of you. I dont want to use only front cab i want to use all of the body and acsesories of Tamiya Toyota Tundra. Is that body suitable for scx 10?

alaskancrawler thank you for your thought about my english. I am a Turk and i am a student at univercity so when i talk with people who is no-Turk i improve my english.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:07 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Yes I agree with alaskancrawler I get all my body's and parts from rpphobby they have a lot of great stuff you are going to be looking for. And your english is fine we can all understand you. Once you get your body we would all like to see some pics and you can always mount your body with velcro seems to work well for a lot of people and its easy to work with and mount
balln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:29 AM   #6

Thanks balln. But i dont know what is the 'velcro'. Can you explain that to me?
Old 12-19-2009, 12:58 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Lol ok ill try its two pieces of fabric or (cloths) one is a harder plastic type with little burs or (hooks) and the other piece is a soft cotton fabric and when you put them together they stick but can be pulled apart from each other with a little force and without a sticky glue substance. And on both of the pieces of fabric on the back is a glue that you can stick to anything. For example You can stick one piece to your frame or (chassis) and the other to your truck body and then set the body on top off the frame or (chassis) and it will hold hard enuff so your body won't just fall off but with some force you can still pull the cab off of the frame. I hope this helps and you can understand what I'm trying to say I've never described velcro to anyone lol and please feel free anyone to chime in and help. And if you have anymore questions ill try to answer the best I can
Old 12-19-2009, 04:31 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

http://www.velcro.com/

welcome to the site
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:13 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

This may help I think its called (hook and loop) where your from
Old 12-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

mounting the body will the the hardest part also if i remeber right the rear bed hits the shock towers, i could be wrong but i think its why i never used mine. the tires will run if you dont open up the fenders and the stock bumper will catch and tear tires. also to use the tundra you will need to extend the wheelbase about 3/4-1 if i member right. hope it helps looking forward to watching your build.
punkuup5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:02 PM   #11

Thanks for all of your help. : )

Balln i am from Turkey.

My new question is painting. Should i use sprey or airbrush system? Which is take scale vision?
Old 12-19-2009, 03:51 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

I prefer spray paint on my rigs and air brushing is more for custom graphics and designs but do what ever you feel the most comfortable doing
Old 12-19-2009, 09:29 PM   #13

Thanks. I think first time i will use sprey but when i have experience about painting i will use airbrush system.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:07 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Check this thread out
FROADER's F-250 Supercab
Old 12-20-2009, 08:08 AM   #15

Thanks i looked that and that is for me But i dont now which material he used for bumpers and which machine he used for bumpers?
Old 12-20-2009, 12:27 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

somewhere in the thread he said he used brake line from a 1/1 car or truck and he brazed it togeather and they are 100% custom but the axials have some nice prefabbed bumpers that will just bolt up
Old 12-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #17

I made a room in my home. It is my hobby room And i want to know my necesities. My Axial will arrive to me after 2 week. At that time i want to complete my necesities.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:13 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

well a nice work stand is always nice but it all depends on what all you are going to do to it. i dont have one of those kits so im not really formilliar with it and the tools you will need the kit may supply some of the tools and if not it will tell you in the instructions
Old 12-21-2009, 01:43 AM   #19

I looked but i cant find how can i do waterproof my axial? Is there any pics?
Old 12-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #20

Is anyone there for help me? :s