Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: wheel weight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 04:42 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default wheel weight

i have a few Qs about how you guys are running your rigs. i got some stick on lead weights. i was wondering how much you guys are running F/R? i was thinking of just going 3 1/2oz per wheel (b/c thats what it come out to when i fully wrap the wheel) i have seen in the AX10 fourm that they run more front than rear is that the same in the scale? i was going to do the same all the way around.

also are you guys drilling holes in the rims on the SCX like the AX guys are? i would think it would let water in and never really come back out?

thanks!
tj on 37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2009, 05:15 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

i run one wrap of lead chimney flashing on mine all the way around. If you love the throttle it well wear out stuff quicker and put more stress on your rig. Depending on what size tire. If you plan on any water dont drill holes. Its more of a pain than its worth if water gets in. I dont know how much weight i run, but lite rigs crawl better
aircooled67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:50 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Front - (2) 1/8" vent holes and 6oz in each
Rear - (1) 1/8" vent holes and 3oz in each

I love my setup, works wonders Make sure you put your battery up front as well. Hope this helps.
Gimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I run 5oz in each front wheel and 2.5oz in each rear wheel. I have drilled two 1/8" holes(on opposite sides of the wheel) in the center of each of the front wheels. I have drilled a single 1/8" hole in the center of each of the rear wheels.
BadRockNoCookie is offline   Reply With Quote