Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Honcho's wheelbase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Honcho's wheelbase

so I finally built up my honcho, didn't take long to build. The dreadful part was putting together the wheels.

I played with it today and the turning radius is blah. I like the original wheelbase of the scx10. now, what is so great about the long wheelbase?
CarLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLo View Post
so I finally built up my honcho, didn't take long to build. The dreadful part was putting together the wheels.

I played with it today and the turning radius is blah. I like the original wheelbase of the scx10. now, what is so great about the long wheelbase?
The ability to crawl up and descend steeper obstacles without rolling it ass over teakettle. Plus the long wheelbase represents the ACTUAL long wheelbase of a Tacoma in 1:1 crawling. It's not fun sometimes but it forces you to choose better lines.
generalee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:51 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalee7 View Post
The ability to crawl up and descend steeper obstacles without rolling it ass over teakettle. Plus the long wheelbase represents the ACTUAL long wheelbase of a Tacoma in 1:1 crawling. It's not fun sometimes but it forces you to choose better lines.
exactly... extra cab and 4 door tacoma's are almost 10 inches longer wheelbase 1:1.. my 04, with the SAS was around 123" wheelbase... axial did a good job keeping it realistic...
jonnyB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:52 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyB4 View Post
exactly... extra cab and 4 door tacoma's are almost 10 inches longer wheelbase 1:1.. my 04, with the SAS was around 123" wheelbase... axial did a good job keeping it realistic...
My 1998 extra cab SAS wheelbase was around 125" or so. Damn I wish I never sold it! :-(
generalee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:36 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

i am going to run a dig in mine to help with the turing. think about all the 1.1 yotas with twin sticks. i use my STAK3spd to front dig all the time on trails and rocks in my 1.1 TJ.

i dont see why more scx builds run digs?
tj on 37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:12 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

So I actually ran the honcho without the body or the spare wheel. But after I added all of the extra weight, it gained traction and actually turns almost like the original SCX10. I'm happy now.
CarLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalee7 View Post
My 1998 extra cab SAS wheelbase was around 125" or so. Damn I wish I never sold it! :-(
ha tell me about it... i traded mine for an 07 FJ cruiser with dana 60's and 40's, then sold it to my dad, so i could buy a wrx... i miss mine too. but then again, having an 85 runner that was a built and a 04 dbl cab that was built was a little too much..
jonnyB4 is offline   Reply With Quote