Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: honcho or TR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 04:57 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default honcho or TR

happy new year every one.

after building a scx10 ( ford f350) and building a axial ( XTRAIL) ford f350 truggy.

i need help deciding between a axial honcho or the axial TR as what i can see is the only difference between the two is the honcho is longer can any one help me deiced
smedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2010, 08:09 AM   #2

No question!!! Go with the Honcho. I've owned both and the Honcho is far superior!!! Just my opinion.
truckman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedo View Post
happy new year every one.

after building a scx10 ( ford f350) and building a axial ( XTRAIL) ford f350 truggy.

i need help deciding between a axial honcho or the axial TR as what i can see is the only difference between the two is the honcho is longer can any one help me deiced
that's the only difference you see? there are tons of threads about TRs and Honchos. i suggest everyone who asks "which is better a TR or Honcho" to just sit here and read about them in this wealth of threaded knowledge. then, after you've weighed the pro's and con's of each, decide which one fits in with your plans and budget. to ask which is better is a moog point because what is better for me might not be for you. asking this question you will only get opinions. because in reality neither is "better", they are the same truck minus a few parts that are easily interchangeable. so bottom line: only you can decide what is right for you. think about your rock crawling goal and get to researching.
Turn'Nburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Yes the TR is about 1" shorter wheelbase. The TR also has plastic links instead of alum. The Honcho has all hex hardware as opposed to hex/phillips. Otherwise the differences are just cosmetic and personal preference. Up until this moment I was undecided as well simply because the TR is built but I'm going for the Honcho. The Dingo body does absolutely nothing for me and I dont need lights.

I say YOU should get the TR because the wheelbase will fit a Pro-Line '73 Bronco perfectly.
BigSmokinGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Default honcho

Tr electronics suck. Go with the honcho and the extended wheelbase will be awesome.
alaskancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #6

get de HON, CHO!
jyjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:03 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

You should get the Dingo so you can tell your rig apart from all of those Honchos out there!
Planespotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
RCC Addict

If you like the dingo body though TCS is giving you a free dingo body with cage and flares with the purchase of the standard SCX kit.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote