Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: I need someone familiar with the SCX10, eBay, and Lipo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default I need someone familiar with the SCX10, eBay, and Lipo

I have recently purchased a SCX10 Kit and a CR-01 Unimog kit. I am looking for 2S Lipo which meets the following:

- Must fit both trucks, both going to have 27t mabuchi motors and used for trails/ light crawling/ goofing around. Want something lighter than Ni-MH with as good or better runtimes.

- Must be available on eBay. I have an eBay Mastercard which I've earned several $25 eBay vouchers with, I'd like to use. Was hoping to get something like the Zippy I hear about or similar in price and quality.

I have no idea what brands (other than hearing zippy was cheap/good), C rating or MAH rating I need so I would greatly appreciate some help. I can give you more information of what I'm trying to accomplish if need be.

Thanks as always,

Eric
ericinMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

is this your first time getting lipo's?
rockmahala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:30 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I had a Multiplex LN-5014 and some Peak Carbon 3200's a couple of years ago before I got out of the hobby. I had great success with that, but I want an ac/dc charger this time and it seems there are better choices these days in batteries for the money, though I'm clueless what they are. LOL
Old 01-02-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

im not really the right person to steer you in the right direction. i've only owned a few lipo batteries and just used the old crappy e-flite chargers. im sure someone else will be able to assist you. i dont wanna give crappy advice.
rockmahala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericinMD View Post
I have recently purchased a SCX10 Kit and a CR-01 Unimog kit. I am looking for 2S Lipo which meets the following:

- Must fit both trucks, both going to have 27t mabuchi motors and used for trails/ light crawling/ goofing around. Want something lighter than Ni-MH with as good or better runtimes.

- Must be available on eBay. I have an eBay Mastercard which I've earned several $25 eBay vouchers with, I'd like to use. Was hoping to get something like the Zippy I hear about or similar in price and quality.

I have no idea what brands (other than hearing zippy was cheap/good), C rating or MAH rating I need so I would greatly appreciate some help. I can give you more information of what I'm trying to accomplish if need be.

Thanks as always,

Eric
This is just my opinion but I would look for a zippy, rhino, or tinergy battery. 15c - 30c would be plenty. This is the discarge rate. 30c being the faster discarge. I would look for 2200mah or higher. The 2 cell with this 2200mah sould last about 25 - 30min depending on your driving. I am bassing this off of my 2200mah, 20c, 3 cell batteries that are zippy brand. They run about 45min to a hour. So depending on the weight of your rig they could run longer.

Just for reference of size, a 5000mah 3s is the same size as a Nimh stick pack. The smaller the mah the smaller the size.

All three brands are basicaly the same on dependability and size, just different colors of wraping.

Hope this helps you out.
70duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I have had a couple zippy packs with good results. The ones I run the most are from CKRC and they probably dome from the same place the Zippy packs do.
dirttrackdemon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I knew you guys could easily suggest a battery that meets my needs, I just hope I can find it on eBay because being able to use the vouchers for atleast part of the battery cost would ease the financial pain. Plus I hate not to use the vouchers since we earned them.

So I'll start looking for 2200 2s Zippy, rhino, or Tenergy unless I get steered in another direction. I'm thankful for all the advice I can get.

I have another thread in the electronics forum about the Tritin EQ ac/dv charger. Unless someone sees a reason it won't be a good 2S, 3S, and Ni-MH charger, I'll likely go with that. with that said, another thing I need to figure out is how to hook these batteries to that charger. It has built-in balancing. I don't know if that's during charge or how that works. Haven't got that far yet. But I need to make sure that the batteries I buy will work with that charger. All this Jazz about the different taps and connectors is over my head. I never had to balance my peak carbon 3200's because at the time, they were saying it wasn't necessary on those kokam made 2S packs. I have no idea what they are saying now. I've been out of the loop for some time.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Other than the fact that this isn't ebay, is this something along the lines of what I want to use in those 2 trucks?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXLU0&P=7

I could get 20% off that and free shipping. I'm pretty sure the Triton EQ comes with what I need to charge/balance flight Power and Electrifly batteries. Seems I read that soimewhere.. I mean, can you even use these in my trucks or are they just for planes?

Appreciate your patience, I'm gonna head over to ebay to look for the ones you recommended while I wait for reply.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #9

What esc are you running, I have been getting an hour out off my lipos zippy 2200 2s with a sidewinder in my scale truck, ballance charged all the time
stevehastings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Steve, I am going to be using Tekin FXR in both trucks.