Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Trail Honcho receiver box mounting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Trail Honcho receiver box mounting?

Hey guys, just curious to know how you have your Honcho receiver box mounted up. I tried using the little arms that kind of snap into the chassis and thought it was kinda stupid. Then I though about moving it to the rear crossmember and remembered the bed sit's down there. I might just make a new mounting plate out of SS but if there's a bit better way, I'm all ears.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
Hey guys, just curious to know how you have your Honcho receiver box mounted up. I tried using the little arms that kind of snap into the chassis and thought it was kinda stupid. Then I though about moving it to the rear crossmember and remembered the bed sit's down there. I might just make a new mounting plate out of SS but if there's a bit better way, I'm all ears.
I own a scx10 but the mounts and box are the same. I used the stock location and believe it or not the little arms are rock solid once you get everything bolted on. Some guys use a small tupperware container and just velcro/bolt it in that location for a more water proff solution.
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

It's not solid on mine. It was the last thing I went to put on the chassis itself and it floats around and falls out. I really don't like this one piece of the truck. Everything else has been great so far. I'm probably going to end up with a slash radio box so it's not a huge deal anyway. I just want something a little more weather resistant than the stock one.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

did you think about screwing down the box in the front like the directions tell you too... it makes it rock solid...
needs2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

That`s exactly what I`m talking about smart ass. I don`t like that. Those ears are now pretty much useless. The ones on my truck are not a tight fit.