Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: what a great sunday?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Question what a great sunday?

well it started off finishing off my honcho, then where i live between my house and the beach there is in this order, ocean, beach, cliffs, hilly bush, small sand hills (one monster dune!)

so i thought of a trial ride where i had to get from the dunes to the beach and set off,

i started in the dunes and had to use my homemade matttracks to get out of boggs, but mainly the momentum of my vxl system geared pretty low was plenty off scale speed!

i then continued down the sand hills and reached a track where rabbits go through the vegitation, i looked arouns and to get around the monster of a dune it would take a good half hour of the dunes to get around, i decided to go straight up the path where i was lead to the bottom of the dune. i reversed up gave her full throttle and went crazy up the dune, i reached about 2/3's the way up the became bogged soo i reveresed down for another attempt. this time i made it about 1 meter from the top, so i got the spare tire off the back, dug a hole with my scale shovel and hooked my 3racing winch to the spare tire and burried it in the hole.

turning the winch on it slowly pulled me up while i had the wheels spinning, i drove up the dune and had a look at the view, all i could see was bush for about half a kilometer and about 6 tracks used by riders, and some from rabbits. i took one path that was more direct and i was where when it rains the water has carved out a path. an easy track and befor i knew it i was on the edge off the cliffs. they are about ten meters tall but there are paths where people walk down to the beach. i had all four wheels locked up the whole way down steering to keep her from rolling. i was about down and a got off camber and slid off the track into boulders about the size off the car. i was stuck on the chassis and when i winched myself up onto the track, i rolled over and landed in the soft sand at the end of the beach, on the roof.

so agian, i found a nice tree, and winched my self back up right.

i was on the beach and did some nice drifts and burnouts on the hard sand near the water.

now for the return, i had the winch attached to a branch about half way up the path and the wheels were just spinning while i was slowly winched up from the beach, i then re-attached the winch to my spare tire and burried it at the top of the dune. i made it up and continued back up the track but i found a rabbit track and had to winch off some branches on the track what fell over whith the rabbits.

when i reached the dunes, i was slightly annoyed at hw much time its gonna take to get up the dunes becuease they were mostly up hill but with winching and mattracks, i made it out.

aa nice run on the road back at top speed (walking path haha) to my house and the trial was done,

one of the greatest rc moments ever!

thanks for reading, sorry for no pics but i will remember my camera next time!
stampedecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2010, 06:33 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Sounded like alot of fun and glad you had a winch to help you make the trail. You could have been stuck there for hours trying to get back home without it. Hope you have insurance to help cover the cost of damage from the rocks..lol..
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:49 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

We dont want a bed time story here man.. Wheres the pics?
BCCrawlerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

sounds like a pretty cool trail! now we need some video!
big bronco is offline   Reply With Quote