Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: shocks bodys ground down

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 08:31 PM   #1

Default shocks bodys ground down

hi, i just bought a scx10 kit and went to put the shocks together, and two of the four shock bodys are all ground down on one side. almost 5mm. what the hell has any body had this in there kit as well?
should i try to call the axial?
drz400sm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2010, 06:52 AM   #2
On the lookout for Rocks

Post pics to explain yourself a little bit more. If not, yeah, call Axial.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:56 AM   #3

two of the four were like this, one was still on the parts tree like this.

Last edited by drz400sm; 01-14-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #4

i called them and spoke to some body (rude) and he told me that i have to send him the parts, receipt, and that he would look into it and if it was there doing, that they would send new out. so much for innocent till proving guilty, this guy mad me fill like i did this to them and was trying to get new ones. great customer service

Last edited by drz400sm; 01-14-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Contact our customer service department and they will be able to take care of you. 949-600-8642, ask for Paul Coleman.

It looks like the mold didn't fill properly, it doesn't happen very often, but every once in awhile if the mold pressure is not right this could happen.
Matt.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:24 PM   #6

Hello drz400sm. I am the one you spoke with here at Axial about the issue you are having. This is the first time we have heard of this problem and you are the first to bring it to our attention. I asked you politely to send the shock bodies back to us so we can see exactly what the problem is. Pictures never really tell the whole story. Like stated, it could be a mold issue. But, we need to actually see the shock bodies ourselves to be sure, and to make sure the problem doesn't occur in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Paul Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #7

WOW!!!! That was my first ever post on here! I guess it's time to start crawling!!!!
Old 01-14-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axial View Post
Contact our customer service department and they will be able to take care of you. 949-600-8642, ask for Paul Coleman.

It looks like the mold didn't fill properly, it doesn't happen very often, but every once in awhile if the mold pressure is not right this could happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAul Coleman View Post
Hello drz400sm. I am the one you spoke with here at Axial about the issue you are having. This is the first time we have heard of this problem and you are the first to bring it to our attention. I asked you politely to send the shock bodies back to us so we can see exactly what the problem is. Pictures never really tell the whole story. Like stated, it could be a mold issue. But, we need to actually see the shock bodies ourselves to be sure, and to make sure the problem doesn't occur in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
You guys ROCK , customer service like no other .
Badd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badd View Post
You guys ROCK , customer service like no other .
is that before or after i send them in the the shock bodys.
they charged my wife more to send them out than there probably worth. .75
the right thing to do would been apolige (like he did) then send out 2 new shock bodys. then if he needed the others back to let me send them back, to him in a evolpe that was ready to ship back to them. (they paid for)
why should i have to pay for there mistake, that i had nothing to do with. even if it was just .75 .
the point was there was a srcew up on there end not mine. but i seemed to get the stick in the eye.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #10

drz400sm. Great! Just e-mail me your info and a copy of your sales receipt to Service at Axial Racing.com and I will get some new ones out to you. And when you get a chance you can drop the defective ones in the mail. Thanks for your time.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Why don't you whine a little more. If you can't afford the .75 I will send it to you. Axial has done so much for our sport, does it hurt to help them a little. C'mon its only .75. I just had the post office loose a 200. plus money order, I also paid for priority mail. I then had to pay 5.75 for them to look into it and refund my money minus the mail cost.
mspohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #12

to late for that. i did what i was told.
don't get me wrong i love the kit. my point is that i was just lurking on this site trying to figure what to buy. there has to be 20 more guys on here (guessing) that are doing the same thing. the message being sent to all that read this is. that if are kits are not right than you can pay more money and get it right, not to mention the wasted time.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:22 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Axial has great products and i can't think of a single bad thing to say about them. i own 1 of every model of the SCX-10 now and am completely satisfied with them. while the SCX-10 could use kit included aluminum shocks, that is a common upgrade made by most people anyways. but i don't consider it a downfall because the fact is, their products and customer support are A1. sorry you got a couple of bad shock bodies, but mistakes happen. you should take this experience as the right way to conduct business. they got you taken care of in a fast and very courteous manner.
Turn'Nburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn'Nburn View Post
Axial has great products and i can't think of a single bad thing to say about them. i own 1 of every model of the SCX-10 now and am completely satisfied with them. while the SCX-10 could use kit included aluminum shocks, that is a common upgrade made by most people anyways. but i don't consider it a downfall because the fact is, their products and customer support are A1. sorry you got a couple of bad shock bodies, but mistakes happen. you should take this experience as the right way to conduct business. they got you taken care of in a fast and very courteous manner.
no actually they haven't
Old 01-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

well then i guess you should sell your Axial and get some chinese junk and see how good their customer service is.

Last edited by Turn'Nburn; 01-14-2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: forgot my sarcmark
Old 01-14-2010, 06:24 PM   #16

Quote:
well then i guess you should sell your Axial and get some chinese junk and see how good their customer service is.
thanks i keep that in mind
Old 01-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by drz400sm View Post
to late for that. i did what i was told.
don't get me wrong i love the kit. my point is that i was just lurking on this site trying to figure what to buy. there has to be 20 more guys on here (guessing) that are doing the same thing. the message being sent to all that read this is. that if are kits are not right than you can pay more money and get it right, not to mention the wasted time.
I guess you've never ordered anything that had a problem with it. Axial isn't doing anything out of the norm here every time no matter which company I have delt with that there is an issue with an order does buisness exactly like this. Axial like most companies that we deal with in this hobby provide excellent service thier future depends on it.
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTrader View Post
I guess you've never ordered anything that had a problem with it. Axial isn't doing anything out of the norm here every time no matter which company I have delt with that there is an issue with an order does buisness exactly like this. Axial like most companies that we deal with in this hobby provide excellent service thier future depends on it.
i got a wet and dry vac for a gift. it had a remote on and off switch on the handle. when it got here and i went to use it the remote, didn't work. i called there customer service, and lady tryed to help me reset the remote and it still wasn't working. she told me not to worry about it that they would send out a new one right away. never did she ask me to give her my receipt, where i bought it, or to send the broken item back.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:00 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

well that wet dry vac sucks......
Old 01-14-2010, 07:05 PM   #20

Quote:
well that wet dry vac sucks......
ya tel me about it. it the best thing since sliced bread