Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: My First Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #1

Default My First Crawler

I bought my first crawler today at lunch. It's an SCX10 RTR. The funny thing is I'd never even driven one until I got this one. I've been following alot of the scale crawler discussions on the different forums and that's what got me interested in them. I was really surprised at the speed of this thing. I really thought it would be super slow, but it has a nice "get there" speed. I've been into RC for over 20 years and I wish I'd gotten a crawler long ago. I really like the scalish appearance and realistic performance. Up until now I've had monster trucks, T-Maxx, electric Stampede, HPI Savage, and Savage Flux. The Flux is fun, but it is just too much to relax with.
Tractors4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Congrats on your new venture !
I too have been into R/C for many many years... I've done cars, trucks, boats and now experimenting with Helis. I stayed away from crawlers up until about 6 months ago... to make a long story short, all Nitro is now gone and between me and my 2 kids we now have 3 crawlers and another scale build in progress. I'm like you, the super fast nitro and electrics are fun, but not relaxing. The process of building then running your crawler is relaxing from beginning to end !
DarinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:00 PM   #3

I tried heli's, that didn't relax me at all. I do want to try it again. I flew a few of the Hobby Zone RTF planes, that was fun and I hope to get back into it. My nitro Savage still runs, but I haven't started it in months. The Savage Flux is awesome but needs lots of run to run. I think I have found something I will really enjoy. I'll still run my Stampede regularly because my daughters have similar trucks and we like bashing together.
Tractors4u is offline   Reply With Quote