Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: the king of blackfoots

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default the king of blackfoots

build idea, if this ever gets off the ground.

i want to do a scaler, my issue is that i have no way to fab stuff so i was wondering about the feasibility of this. i want to get a honcho, and a king blackfoot body, maybe 2, if need be. leave the hilux front end off and remove the bed from the black foot and use the stock honcho bed. how much of a head ache would this be?
foproy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

wouldn't be that hard but the only problem is the blackfoot body is kinda small and might look kinda goofy with the honcho back half...
TLTkrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, I am sure it would be small with the back half. I thought about using the whole blackfoot body the other day though. :-P
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by foproy View Post
build idea, if this ever gets off the ground.

i want to do a scaler, my issue is that i have no way to fab stuff so i was wondering about the feasibility of this. i want to get a honcho, and a king blackfoot body, maybe 2, if need be. leave the hilux front end off and remove the bed from the black foot and use the stock honcho bed. how much of a head ache would this be?
Yup, Blackfoot body is too small.

BTW, EVERYBODY has a way to fab stuff, you just have to get creative. You can make do with very cheap tools. I did it for a long time during college.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

no tools, limited to no workspace, and no money to aquire either. i will figure out something. i just want to use that bed, just another body. also the reason i was thinking about 2 bf bodies was to do an extended cab, is the problem length width or overall? i cannot find measurements for the honcho.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:44 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I had the same idea planned for a smiliar build but got measurements and the Honcho is as WIDE as the Blackfoots wheelbase...LOL. If you threw some narrower axles under it it would work. The blackfoot has the same identical wheelbase as the Tamiya Bronco body. You can use some of those builds for refrence on size. I mounted a Bronco body on a shortened REGULAR scx and had to shorten it ALOT.

My opinion and what I was going to do...Extended cab blackfoot cab with some sort of Flares to widen it out a bit. You would have to somehow narroe the rear Honcho cage down. I deccided tto build a Bronco and switch out bodies here and there form the Bronco to the Blackfoot.
drtrydr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:50 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

i thought that fabbing stuff was hard but once i treid it i eventually got the hang of it..
big bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:17 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

i was thinking the black foot because not many people have used that body. and i am considering other options, thank you for the support, is teh f450 body the same size as the hilux which seems to be used often.