Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Compare Honcho and "normal" SCX10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 10:44 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Compare Honcho and "normal" SCX10

Other than the body/flatbed, what is the difference in a normal scx10 and a Honcho? Is the appearance the only difference?

edit - I finally found the comparison on Axial's site - looks like the Honcho has almost a 1" longer wheelbase, all hex hardware, and a bunch of light buckets... Is that all of the difference? And how is the wheelbase stretched? How tough would it be to convert the SCX10 to match?

Last edited by rctoyguy; 01-18-2010 at 10:50 PM. Reason: found info
rctoyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

I believe the honcho has a longer wheelbase. I think it's made longer just with longer links but i'm not sure.
mrgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #3
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Compared to the kit ...
It comes with a front bumper
Sliders
Longer links (wheelbase)
Fullsize functional spare tire
Some lights

Check it out:
http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/scx10-kit-v2/
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:03 PM   #4

i got the RTR honcho an it came with a bunch of different parts. I shortened the wheelbase to fit a proline XJ with the links that came with it
kelso712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #5

I got a rtr kit also and im in the process of regreting it now i really wish i would have bought the kit so i could have customized my electronics. I like the way they are but i hate leaving things stock
Newbie51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #6
RCC Addict

i got the honcho kit, its not that hard to put together, even though it was the first rc kit i ever did, just cant decide on what color
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:55 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctoyguy View Post
Other than the body/flatbed, what is the difference in a normal scx10 and a Honcho? Is the appearance the only difference?

edit - I finally found the comparison on Axial's site - looks like the Honcho has almost a 1" longer wheelbase, all hex hardware, and a bunch of light buckets... Is that all of the difference? And how is the wheelbase stretched? How tough would it be to convert the SCX10 to match?
its just different size links and are you comparing RTR to Kit?
JS412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:06 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

There are some subtle differences along with the wheelbase difference (which is primarily just longer links). The battery placement is different, in the back on standard SCX but up front on the Honcho. Frame is the same, axles, shocks, etc same. Upgrades on the kit vs. RTR are worth it, IMO.
zjguy721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:29 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

metal links insted of plastic links
ImpalaPolicePack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:58 AM   #10

When they say mixed hardware versus all hex hardware what's mixed about it?
lawndart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #11
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawndart View Post
When they say mixed hardware versus all hex hardware what's mixed about it?
Usually that means some phillip head screws as well as the hex..
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjguy721 View Post
There are some subtle differences along with the wheelbase difference (which is primarily just longer links). The battery placement is different, in the back on standard SCX but up front on the Honcho. Frame is the same, axles, shocks, etc same. Upgrades on the kit vs. RTR are worth it, IMO.
actually on the standard kit you have the parts and option to do both. i think the honcho has that option as well. but i would have to look more closely.
foproy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

The honcho kit I bought, does not have the links to fit the dingo body. all hex, the only phillips you need is to mount the servo on the plate.

the kit has metal 3 link, metal steering links, no electronics, no leds, just a pile of light buckets. the honcho comes with a skid plate on the bumper, dingo doesn't. the kit doesn't come with the 4 link truss bar. oh and no allen keys in this kit neither, so make sure you buy a 1.5mm 2.0mm and 2.5mm allen keys, if you strip the allen key cut it off with dremel and reuse.

When you build the kit, when you get to the shocks, cut the bump stop its a 1cm rubber that goes between the bottom of the shock and stops the shock from supressing fully. you can cut that 1/4 off of it and only use 1/4 of the bump stop.

now the dingo has plastic links like said above, but also comes with spare links to mount the honcho body. also comes with pre-made LED kit and basic LED system for 2 red and 2 white lights. plastic steering links. and comes with a working fully functional 5th proline wheel on beadlock rim, same as honcho. My buddies TR dingo also came with the AE-1 ESC not the ae-2 and also came with the new 2.4ghz radio system.

either way your going to have to fork up around 75-100 bucks depending wher you shop for ESC/radio for the kit. or you will spend the same amount of money buying aluminum steering links and aluminum 3 link kit. because the plastic gets chewed up pretty easy, nice they added a free plastic in the TR dingo

hope that helps out a little...

OH if your ESC runs hot out of the TR dingo box. make sure you check your servo. the servo that came in my brother in laws TR dingo was defective and was drawing way too much power for its own good. but 10 day warranty covered that.
Spiike is offline   Reply With Quote