Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Will the Losi Spectrum radio/receiver work with the Honcho?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Will the Losi Spectrum radio/receiver work with the Honcho?

I have a Losi MRC Radio/ESC/Receiver that I'm not currently using. Will this work on the Honcho?
TACORICAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default sure

Dont see why not . i run a full size servo on my mrc receiver.
alaskancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:59 AM   #3
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Radio & RX - Yes

ESC .... You may be asking for trouble. MRC uses a tiny 380 motor and it does not pull many amps. Throw that into a heavier rig with a 540 motor and it could get fried.

Course, as cheap as the escs are to pickup used .... not much lost if it does roast itself.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:03 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I'm guessing your gonna burn it up. I would sell it and put the funds toward a better 1/10th ESC.
y2kgtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:03 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Cool. Thanks for the advise. What ESC do you guys recommend? At the LHS, I hear different stories. Some say don't use brushless on a crawler some say it's the way to go. I do get it that it's pretty much preference but I'm all new to this. Last time I was in to RCs, Brushless didn't exist and buying a motor with low turns costed an arm and a leg..
TACORICAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:09 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACORICAN View Post
Cool. Thanks for the advise. What ESC do you guys recommend? At the LHS, I hear different stories. Some say don't use brushless on a crawler some say it's the way to go. I do get it that it's pretty much preference but I'm all new to this. Last time I was in to RCs, Brushless didn't exist and buying a motor with low turns costed an arm and a leg..
I like the Castle Creations sidewinder. I have 3 of them. 2 in my kids creepers, and a future one for a possible scaler.

It can run brushed, and sensorless brushless (I'm about to try low Kv outrunner motors myself). It has Lipo cutoff, good for up to 3S (11.1v), and a crawler drag brake setting as well.

And it can be used in other vehicles down the line if you want. Like a 5700Kv motor in a Slash or similar.

You can find these typically new for around 65$ or so. I would suggest getting the castle link for it for an additional 20$, or find a buddy that might have one. Makes programing and setup much easier.
y2kgtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I run an MRC esc with a 55t motor in my scx and I'm yet to have a single problem. I'm getting my 20 bucks worth and then some.
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:46 AM   #8
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kgtp View Post
I like the Castle Creations sidewinder. I have 3 of them. 2 in my kids creepers, and a future one for a possible scaler.

It can run brushed, and sensorless brushless (I'm about to try low Kv outrunner motors myself). It has Lipo cutoff, good for up to 3S (11.1v), and a crawler drag brake setting as well.

And it can be used in other vehicles down the line if you want. Like a 5700Kv motor in a Slash or similar.

You can find these typically new for around 65$ or so. I would suggest getting the castle link for it for an additional 20$, or find a buddy that might have one. Makes programing and setup much easier.
I second this. I have one in my scaler, comp 2.2 and my drifter.
It's a fantastic ESC.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote