Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: FuriousCal's SCX-10 TR Build Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default FuriousCal's SCX-10 TR Build Thread

So for X-mas I bought myself a TR. I was on vacation, so I bought the TR so I could drive it straight out of the box on my vacation, figuring I would upgrade when I returned home. I love the SCX-10. I am relatively new to RC's, but not to new as I have a Tamiya CC-01 Pajero and a Losi MRC. The SCX-10 is just a blast to wheel. So now it is time to start upgrading.

The first thing I wanted to upgrade were the plastic links to aluminum. I have read the blog on Axial and have the parts list. I bought the aluminum links for the steering already. As far as all the nuts, bolts, and spacers, I think I will just go down to the local hardware store and buy them as they are cheaper, you don't have to buy bulk packs, and don't have to wait for shipping. So I have been looking through the SCX-10 picture thread trying to find a close up picture of a TR steering knuckle with steering links converted to aluminum with no luck. Anyone got a TR converted to aluminum I can check out?

I will post some pics of my TR in stock form later tonight.
FuriousCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links