Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Stock ESC problem???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 03:03 PM   #1

Default Stock ESC problem???

My few day old Stocker will barely go in reverse without jerking the throttle. I've adjusted the trim, to all the way in reverse. If I adjust the trim forward, at about half of the adjustment range, it starts making noise to crawl forward.

So, could there be an issue with either my transmitter, or ESC? Or have I just discovered why most everyone here has a better ESC (besides need a braking ESC, and possibly a Lipo capable one.)?

PS
I love the thread on 'what powers your SCX 10! I'm already thinking I need a new ESC for the brake alone. But which one FXR, Rooster, Sidewinder....

I like the Rooster, except for the Lipo cell limit (although right now I'm NiMh 5000). I like FXR... no limit..., sidewinder??? Clearly I need to study some more.
rabbottfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbottfl View Post
My few day old Stocker will barely go in reverse without jerking the throttle. I've adjusted the trim, to all the way in reverse. If I adjust the trim forward, at about half of the adjustment range, it starts making noise to crawl forward.

So, could there be an issue with either my transmitter, or ESC? Or have I just discovered why most everyone here has a better ESC (besides need a braking ESC, and possibly a Lipo capable one.)?

PS
I love the thread on 'what powers your SCX 10! I'm already thinking I need a new ESC for the brake alone. But which one FXR, Rooster, Sidewinder....

I like the Rooster, except for the Lipo cell limit (although right now I'm NiMh 5000). I like FXR... no limit..., sidewinder??? Clearly I need to study some more.
Mine's doing the same thing.
dubAron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Go with the FXR and 35t motor if you want to keep some of your wheel speed. Mine works awsome now that I changed to it. I only ran about 2 batteries through it before I changed mine.
jgammill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #4

Default Update... ordered Tekin FXR and motor

Well, I ordered the FXR and 35T standard motor combo. My next question is... how do I connect the new motor and ESC?
I see the stock kit has a connector in there, not sure what that connector type is called. Tekin support suggested direct soldering the wires. Someone else suggested 'deans' connectors. If I imitate the stock connectors, I can switch motors easily.
Also, What is that battery connector called on the stock unit. I assume I'll need to wire up a new batter connector. (Or am I mistaken and the battery connector does not go straight to the ESC.) Again, imitating stock will allow my batteries and charger work.

So... how are you guys and gals who have upgraded your ESC / Motor doing your connections?
Thanks again for tolerating Newbie questions. So far I've received excellent help and guidance on this forum. Thanks to all!
rabbottfl is offline   Reply With Quote