Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Front Leaf Spring kit on Honcho?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #1

Default Front Leaf Spring kit on Honcho?

I just installed the RC4WD leaf spring kit with the RCBros springs and now my wheelbase is a little bit shorter, enough to where the tire hits the body. Anyone else have this problem? The rear shackles are pointing in the right direction, I tried switching the leafs around to see if that moved the axle forward, but it didn't. I really don't want to trim the fenders to fit the tire.

To fix some of the slop that happens at the leaf where the bolt connects to the shackle I used 2 flanged pipes AX30450, I had to cut them down a bit to fit in the leaf, but 2 pipes on each eye is a perfect bushing for the spring, no binding at all.
AK-Maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

yes the spring kit will do that to the honcho b/c the front links are longer than the original and this kit was made to keep the wb the same as the original kit @ 11.5"
ae racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-Maxx View Post
I just installed the RC4WD leaf spring kit with the RCBros springs and now my wheelbase is a little bit shorter, enough to where the tire hits the body. Anyone else have this problem? The rear shackles are pointing in the right direction, I tried switching the leafs around to see if that moved the axle forward, but it didn't. I really don't want to trim the fenders to fit the tire.

To fix some of the slop that happens at the leaf where the bolt connects to the shackle I used 2 flanged pipes AX30450, I had to cut them down a bit to fit in the leaf, but 2 pipes on each eye is a perfect bushing for the spring, no binding at all.

the quick fix is to drill body post holes about 5mm forward of the original body post hole!
crawlinlosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:29 PM   #4

Thought about that too, but it seems the bumper sticks out too far already.
AK-Maxx is offline   Reply With Quote