Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: need ideas on how to mount proline bumpers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default need ideas on how to mount proline bumpers?

ok i just got a set of proline bumpers plus proline super swampers along with the proline cgr blazer body i will post pics of when im done. i just dont know how to mount the bumpers up without hacking up everything.....if anyone has a set please chime in!
350oshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

this is how i did my scx bumpers, but i was planning on running the proline ones, so pretty much trim off the lexan bumpers and thats it, dont trim anything else.
jthellfire911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

im trying to figure out how to mount the bumpers to the frame.
350oshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #4

i got a little peice of steel and bent it in a vise so it slides inbetween the frame rails in the front and back, and drilled two holes through the front of the bumpers and then through my metal peice and used long bolts to fasten it to the metal bracket. its extremly strong, much better than trying to use so crappy plastic that will break the first time you ram the bumper into something
subieyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by subieyacht View Post
i got a little peice of steel and bent it in a vise so it slides inbetween the frame rails in the front and back, and drilled two holes through the front of the bumpers and then through my metal peice and used long bolts to fasten it to the metal bracket. its extremly strong, much better than trying to use so crappy plastic that will break the first time you ram the bumper into something
i did something simmilar with my bumper when i broke the plastic ones. i just cut out a strip of alum to fit on the outside of the frame rails. then drilled 2 holes in it for the axial body posts to fit threw. i have some problems with my bumper always not being aligned and perfectly straight but after spending months bending it just right i think i finally got it to where i need it.can you post some pics of how you did yours ?
93 FORD BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote