Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: project empty pockets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 01:14 AM   #1

Default project empty pockets

well i finally received my first real crawler, my plans on it are to do it up as a nice scale trail rig. i got my honcho in the mail Friday, and finally just got around it running it today after a few small changes.

here's a picture of the truck fresh out of the box, striking a pose with arguably the best off road racing game ever

i then took cut the tamiya plug off and soldered a dean on, then after i took this picture i rerouted the rear LED wires above and inside the frame rails.

its been raining all day, but i wanted to go take it out anyways, it just stopped when i started to head to a construction site by my house, it was real muddy, and i really couldn't get any traction on the crushed concrete pile, but i did snap this in action pic.

and this is what it looks like when i got it home. i then cleaned it off with some water being careful to avoid the electronic, the only odd thing i've noticed is the driveshaft u joints and already rusting, so im going to tear it apart tomorrow and get it a once over

over-all im super happy with the truck, only thing i think needs immediate attention is the foam in the tires, it seems alittle firm, so im gonna search around and find the best way to cut the foams.

and my next plans are going to definitely be inner wheel wells
DannyDodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2010, 07:23 AM   #2

Hey I just had an impulse purchase yesterday when I went in to get an airplane, it was only 3 channel so I decided not to get it. I walked around the store a bit and I could not resist the SCX10 Trail Ready, looked at the Axials for years but never opened the wallet till yesterday. Cool truck, rear body clips are a real pain to get in and out, need to keep some needle nose pliers handy. Already looking for new bodies and upgrades! Wheel weights will likely be the first, HPI jeep body, play with gearing changes, inner wheel wells as mentioned........tube cage, oh the list could be endless......damn this addiction, I mean hobby.

RC
rcwannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Looks like your enjoying your new truck. It's nice seeing mud pics from the start..lol
TAT76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

the first scratch is the hardest, after that its fun to watch it get road rash.
hanstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAT76 View Post
Looks like your enjoying your new truck. It's nice seeing mud pics from the start..lol

yes enjoying it very much, and hey i thought what the hell its gonna get dirty eventually

hopefully this week i can get some time to get some more led's wired up. does anyone know if it is ok to splice into the headlights/taillights on the truck to power more led's? or will it blow out the little box the wires run to, which im guessing are resistors?

also gonna try and make some inner fenderwheels this week too
DannyDodge is offline   Reply With Quote