Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Couple of Electronic questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 07:15 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Couple of Electronic questions

Hey guys,

I have been reading as much as i can, and trying not to ask a dumb question but i do have a couple.

I currently use a DX3S Radio system and it does have the Third channel however I understand it will not drive my winch correctly as it does not have three positions. However i have it plugged into the "AUX" slot on the RX but when i click the swtich nothing happens.. The little button connected to the winch makes it go but that's the extent of it. I have activated the third channel in the radio itself. So i be able to control the winch from the radio like that?

I also have some lights, and am looking to add more. I have seen a couple of ebay kits with controllers for cheap. is a controller necessary? Or is their a problem just splicing in new LED's into my current setup..

wireless, I have seen a couple of wireless winch's out their, is their something like that for LED Lights? I could not seem to find anything and i might just be looking in the wrong places :(

and Lastly,

I have been using a XL5 ESC, i do plan on putting in a castle ESC to use for drag brake and LVC as i do plan on running 2 and 3 cell lipos. I was looking on Ebay and such and they have some cheap plug in LV indicators as i was really hoping to still be able to run the XL5 ( as i have a couple of them ) with some 2S packs in the winter where i know i am going to be in tons of water/mudd and salty conditions. Does anyone have any experience with them?
michael_lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I don't know anything about the DX3S, so I am no help there But I do know that you will need the controller for the extra lights. The LVC's I have got off of ebay in the past (using 2 right now) have worked great for me. If you do go to the Castle ESC, just take it apart when you get it and pack it well with dielectric grease. That will water proof it. I run a Mamba Max Pro in my truck, I packed it with grease (as well as the last 3 MM's I use) and can submerge it with no problems at all.
Hope that helps
durango#95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:23 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

For your LEDS a controller isn't necessary unless you want turn signals and be able to turn on and off LEDS....3Racing makes a neat LED kit complete with controller for like $15 I think...look it up on eBay

and hey. another Ontarioan!! Bradford no less...i'm about a 1hr 45min drive from you...ever go to the Clarington R/C Track? they got a new rock course...
Shadow Fox is offline   Reply With Quote