Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Aluminum Links for Dingo (Please Help!)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 06:32 PM   #1

Default Aluminum Links for Dingo (Please Help!)

Sorry if this has been posted. I did a little seaching and no accurate luck. I have a Dingo SWB (short wheel base) and I am looking to upgrade to the 4 aluminum links. I know a lot of you are saying make your own. I looked at the Axials and liked them. I am curious though as I look at Proline bodies. I dont see anything that is offered for the dingo WB precisley. I am wanting to do either the JK body or the rubicon body proline offers. These are both longer. The JK being a lot longer. My question now is do I have to make my own links to use these bodies or will the Axial ones work for the rubicon? Any help would be great!

BTW I just got my dingo and my friend got his honho both on Friday last week! Love em!

Thanks
Kyle
Avyman92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
RCC Addict

The Axials will work probably but I don't have them so I dunno, but making your own links isn't very hard. I had to make some because I also started with the Dingo and I stretched the WB to 12.2" to fit the Proline 80's Chevrolet body. I made the links with Traxxas Revo rod ends, 8-32 all thread rod and sleeved the all thread with 1/4" steel fuel line, they are pretty damn strong
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:01 PM   #3

If you are thinking you will get a different body requireing different length wheel base just hold out. If you stick with the Dingo body, which I think is a pretty cool body, just find out what links the kit comes with as they will be for the proper wheel base. The manual can probably be found online to give you length and even part numbers. It gets trickier with changing. A great way to go about that is mock up with the normal end links and 3mm all thread, just for measuring purposes. Once you have hit the nail on the head find axials equivilent length as they offer them in many lengths. Stock look and feel, aftermarket length.
flynlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Axial sells their aluminum link upgrade sets in 2 lengths, 11.4 inch wheelbase, and 12.3 inch wheelbase.

http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/scx10...s_upgrade.html

Proline's 4 door JK body is 12.3 inch wheelbase, their 2 door JK body is 11.8 inch wheel base.
Fiveology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

yes...make one by yourself is cheaper.
I did the same way for my 2.2 JK and Hilux and 1.9 YJ as canadianbacon12 did.
david_387 is offline   Reply With Quote