Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Stock Electronics issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 06:52 PM   #1

Default Stock Electronics issues

I know there is supposed to be a delay when going from forward to reverse. I understand that, but sometimes, mid obsticle, it will just turn off...no throttle, no steering....But the lights are still on. Sometimes itll stay like this for a few seconds, sometimes I have to nudge it with my foot and it comes back to life. Anyone else have this issue? Again, its a totally stock RTR Honcho....
KingJerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2010, 07:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJerd View Post
I know there is supposed to be a delay when going from forward to reverse. I understand that, but sometimes, mid obsticle, it will just turn off...no throttle, no steering....But the lights are still on. Sometimes itll stay like this for a few seconds, sometimes I have to nudge it with my foot and it comes back to life. Anyone else have this issue? Again, its a totally stock RTR Honcho....
Mine did the same thing, the longer I had the truck the more frequent it got. Once I added weight to the wheels I couldnt even go foward and steer at the same time. just installed a BEC (cc) and WOW, what a differnce. No shutting off, no glitching and no problems. I always thought it was a Tx/Rx problem. its not. My axial and my losi stock ESC are rated at 5v./1A. and thats probably fine for anything but these crawler/trail trucks
Broken40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:05 PM   #3

I'm having this same problem and was wondering what was causing it. I too thought maybe a Tx/Rx issue. At least now I know what it is. Guess I'll be replacing the electronics soon enough. I should have just bought the kit.
A1Fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Add a CC BEC
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKXJ 96 View Post
Add a CC BEC

Is there a dumber explaination as to what a BEC is and how it works than what I found on google? I think Iafter i read up on it, I got more confused....ive been in rc too long not to understand this. I feel like an idiot.

BTW, I love how long this thing runs on simple 1800Mah NiCads
Old 11-29-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Is there a dumber explaination as to what a BEC is and how it works than what I found on google?
It powers the servo seprate from the ESC, so they don't have to share the power from the battery. In most cases the motor will pull more current and most of the time will always win over the servo killing power to it.
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Is there a dumber explaination as to what a BEC is and how it works than what I found on google? I think Iafter i read up on it, I got more confused....ive been in rc too long not to understand this. I feel like an idiot.

BTW, I love how long this thing runs on simple 1800Mah NiCads

BEC is Battery Elimination Circuit. basicly it eliminates the the need for a batttery for the reciever. now on your stock axial esc the BEC is very weak. 5 volts 1 amp. it is easily over powered by the servo and lights. by adding a Castle Creations BEC you eliminate the BEC built into your esc(you bypass it) and use a much higher power source to run your electonics. 6 volts 5 amps.
or you can got he route i did and upgrade your esc to one with a better BEC built into it. the choice is yours CC BEC is cheaper but you'll end up upgrading your esc after you have had your rig for a while anyway.
hope this helps
rickthejetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:21 PM   #8

Very much so! Thanks guys! clears up alot of stuff.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:30 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Can the Castle Creations BEC be run with the standard 6 cell 7.2 batteries?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I would just like clarification on this.

Thanks
0lllllll0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lllllll0 View Post
Can the Castle Creations BEC be run with the standard 6 cell 7.2 batteries?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I would just like clarification on this.

Thanks
Yep! all the way up to 22.2V (6s lipo) I just installed one yesterday and all my problems went away
Broken40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken40 View Post
Yep! all the way up to 22.2V (6s lipo) I just installed one yesterday and all my problems went away

PLug and play, that simple?

Im gunna have to aquire me one of these....or just plain bite the bullet and get a new ESC