Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: SCX-10 finally sporting proper tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Default SCX-10 finally sporting proper tires

This is my first scale rig, I've had it for a couple years.. I've always wanted big aggressive tires and I fell in love when RC4WD released thier licensed Interco Boggers. These are the 4th set of tires this truck has had.. And they are perfect. I started with the RC4wd 1.9 mud slingers.. I had no idea how short they were when I ordered them.. What a mistake. But you can see the type of tire I wanted all along. So I beat the snot out of the stock flat irons for a summer.. They suck in the dirt but are beautiful on the rocks. Last fall I ended up with Rox Lox and they are a great tire with some added clearance.. But the tread wasn't aggressive enough... These Boggers are so cool.. The tire is very very soft but the foam is very stiff.. Sidewall support on this rig is very firm.. It pulls lines effortlessly that were darn near impossible with the Rox Lox.. I I am amazed so far.

I HAD to have them for this truck.. It's not pretty but it's a tough little truck.. Has homemade bumpers and sliders, and recently I finally made a servo winch.. Have wanted to do that since I made the front bumper.

Don't mind the rubberband.. A minor annoyance with the servo drifting very slowly.. Have now installed an on/off switch inline to the receiver.. Just need to figure out how to secure hook when not in use.. I'm not going to leave it hanging there like some do.

I just got those RC4wd center hubs they add a nice little scale touch.. Tough little buggers to keep tight though.. Right now i have lock washers behind them.. So far so good.

Also added a RC4wd shackle and clevis incase I need to pull someone or something?

I just love this truck... It is so incredibly fun to drive and I'm proud of the progess I've made with it over the years... Next project after it snows and I can't drive it for a while i'm going to tear it down and grease the axles and check the bearings.. And work on some wheel wells.. I'm going to use rubber.. Maybe like a thin mudflap type material. Also going to think about a different motor.. Currently have a 35T Integy and am thinking of stepping up to a 30T Holmes Hobbies handwound. This truck just needs more horsepower.

Last edited by Jus; 12-11-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2010, 04:21 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

It looks like a well driven truck

New tire look great as well!!
th67ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

how you liking the swampers
slashkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

are they the 1.9s they look really big I have been looking at some also but they seam to tall for scale
lawndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #5
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Yes they are the RC4WD Interco TSL Bogger 1.9.

They are excellent. The lugs are really soft and the traction on the rocks even in the single digit temps the other day they hooked up pretty good.. The foams are firm and keep the sidewalls under control.. I love them.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:34 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

looks great!

oh and you wont regret the 30t HH motor, its what i run in my honcho and its got some balls! runnig 22/87 gearing ive bent 2 cv pin, broke a cv cup, broke 2 C-hubs, and broke 2 kuncles!
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s View Post
looks great!

oh and you wont regret the 30t HH motor, its what i run in my honcho and its got some balls! runnig 22/87 gearing ive bent 2 cv pin, broke a cv cup, broke 2 C-hubs, and broke 2 kuncles!
Thanks.

Sounds like someone doesn't know when to let off the throttle.

How smooth is the low speed control geared like that? and what kind of voltage?? I only run 8.4V Nimh.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
Thanks.

Sounds like someone doesn't know when to let off the throttle.

How smooth is the low speed control geared like that? and what kind of voltage?? I only run 8.4V Nimh.
wasnt in a bind! tire was spinning then hung on a root the first time, but the low end is pretty good, but with the boggers id suggest using a 20t pinion, i only use a 2s 7.4v 1300mah lipo, its great motor for an scx!

Last edited by 2500hdon37s; 12-11-2010 at 09:56 PM.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:01 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Thats one tough looking truck, and those tires look friggin' sweet on it .
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

The 1.9 Boggers are my next tire for sure. I've read that the side-hill performance isn't as great as other tires, but you can't beat the raw look of a set of Boggers under your machine, and you definitely can't beat the BITE those puupies deliver!
jkabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:44 PM   #11
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkabee View Post
The 1.9 Boggers are my next tire for sure. I've read that the side-hill performance isn't as great as other tires, but you can't beat the raw look of a set of Boggers under your machine, and you definitely can't beat the BITE those puupies deliver!
That's just the nature of the beast. Sidewalls that huge aren't going to lend themselves to well to side pressure. They aren't bad though.. They fold over less than the stock flat irons/stock memory foams did.

besides, who's going to sidehill with these things? Just point that SOB straight for the hill and claw right straight over it. That's what these tires are good at.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Guess I will have to have some of these now
Looks good thanks for the pictures
slow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:44 PM   #13
BJK

looking good
BJK is offline   Reply With Quote