Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: xj body on scx10 honcho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default xj body on scx10 honcho

i just got my honcho and bought the xj body to make a minnie me of my 1:1 cherokee. my question is i did not know what rear body post to buy. the wheel base is 12.3". i got the STRAIGHT 3.5" rear body post, but i see everyone seems to have the one that looks like an "X" or like roll bars in the center of the back. did i get the wrong ones? will these work wit my honcho? or do i have to get the other rear body post? thanks for any help....
eyeopenher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

the Honcho kit will have the correct mount in one of the parts bags
weel wiat did you get the rtr or the Kit ???kit has it but I think the rtr will not

Last edited by 801RYAN; 12-12-2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: other info
801RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:45 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default here is where you poke fun of me... lol

i got the rtr. my girl got it for me for christmas. i said kit, but you know how that goes... lol i have been perusing the forums to see what to replace all electronics with. me being new to this i would rather learn from others mistakes rather then me make the same ones. thats why i asker her for kit. but oh well.. i like on the bay. have a beach here. live in jersey so i have all seasons. so just want to enjoy it as much as possible. i got my son a rs10. my friend has one and besides some simple little mods it perfect for him. he's young. he's 4, but uses my 1/6 nylint like a champ. sorry i ramble...
Old 12-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Default oh, i forgot

she found it for $250..... that is the cheapest price i have seen. so instead of insulting her and telling her to get me the kit. i will surely be grateful and just modify as i go. but the price was great....
Old 12-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 801RYAN View Post
the Honcho kit will have the correct mount in one of the parts bags
weel wiat did you get the rtr or the Kit ???kit has it but I think the rtr will not
The RTR has the rear mounting posts in the parts bag . So you can mount any body.
I have an Honcho RTR my self.
Gr8 peace of kit and rig only the stock electronics suck a bit , but if you will buy a bec you should be allright .
peter2117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Default been reading about the bec.

did not know i needed to get that, but from what it seams i do.... should i just get the bec, or get the bec, esc combo? any opinion?
Old 12-13-2010, 11:29 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Default my xj

this is what i will be molding my scx10 after. only has a 3.5" lift. but will be a 6" lift this coming spring. 31" tires, 8500 lbs winch, roof rack, and more to come, i hope. lol
Old 12-14-2010, 03:01 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeopenher View Post

this is what i will be molding my scx10 after. only has a 3.5" lift. but will be a 6" lift this coming spring. 31" tires, 8500 lbs winch, roof rack, and more to come, i hope. lol
Thats looks good

U can buy the ESC combo couse the stock electronics sucks anyway but if you dont want to spend $$$ buy a CC BEC and you should be sound for a while. I would still recomend to buy CC BEC couse most of the built in ESC bec's are low amperage (usually 1A), and the CC BEC is rated up to 10A and higher depemding on wich 1 you will take .
Old 12-14-2010, 07:32 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Default thank you

good to know. i am going to get just the bec, then later do the motor and esc. oh and the steering servo also. lol. i have narrowed the stearing servo down to a mg645 or the mayhem one. any suggestions which is better of the 2? or a better choice then them? lol sorry. did so much reading but it all is a matter of opinion from what i am seeing. drivshafts also. mig or punisher? lol
Old 12-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

you should do atleat 33s with a 6"...i got 31s on stock & my buddy has 32s with a 3"
sandblaster87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
good to know. i am going to get just the bec, then later do the motor and esc. oh and the steering servo also. lol. i have narrowed the stearing servo down to a mg645 or the mayhem one. any suggestions which is better of the 2? or a better choice then them? lol sorry. did so much reading but it all is a matter of opinion from what i am seeing. drivshafts also. mig or punisher? lol
I would recomend the MG645 its quick and has loads of tourque. Its no ''mig'' shafts , but there are MIP ones and they are very good and look scale as well. You can find nice ones on RC4WD website, here is the link :
http://store.rc4wd.com/Punisher-Shaft_c_27.html
Old 12-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Default i hear that...

yeah, after i read my post it read like i was going to put 31" tires wit the 6" lift. but i already have the 31" on wit the current lift. yeah. i would put 33's on wit the 6". my buddy has a 5" lift wit 31's and but i think he should putt the 33's on and trim his fenders some. and yes, once again, i was typing to fast and tyed "MIG" lol. thank you for the info though. anyone from jersey?
Old 12-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

this was my other baby. just sold it cause i have 2 kids and was very impractical. lol plus i got what i paid for it 5 years ago. so cant complain. lol this had 4.5 rubicon express wit 33's. loved this jeep. but only miss having the 6 speed manny...
Old 12-15-2010, 06:32 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

i didnt even use body posts. i used two screws on the front and i drill two small holes in the back and used 2 zip ties. no big body holes!!!

you cant see them very well in the pics but there are 2 screws in the grill and the zip tips are on the side of the rear bumper. they are black so you cant see them hardly at all!
i also built mine to match my 1.1
kronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:01 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Default thanks...

thats a good idea. so you cut your ties if you need to take body off and thats it? my cherokee as you can see is not as nice as yours but just got it. so it will be a work in progress. love both rigs...
Old 12-15-2010, 08:02 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Default my bad

the screws are what you take out to remove body? lol sorry
Old 12-15-2010, 11:21 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
thats a good idea. so you cut your ties if you need to take body off and thats it? my cherokee as you can see is not as nice as yours but just got it. so it will be a work in progress. love both rigs...
Quote:
the screws are what you take out to remove body? lol sorry
there are 2 screws in the front. so a simple phillips screw driver and the front lifts enough to unplug and plug the battery connector.
if i have to remove the whole body i just use an exacto knife to release the zip ties... sometime they break when doing this. but they are not expensive.
im going to post some more detailed pics on my build thread!
check it out!
Kroniks mmx- matching mini xj build thread.
i may not have them up till tomorrow.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:37 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Default nice and simple

nice. little better then having nubs hanging out your roof and hood... how are you liking the leaf springs in your scx? i want to do them but the guy at local hobby shop said i will just bounce around and its truely for looks.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Default but to be fair.

the local hobby shop is pretty much a rc place. not alot of other hobbies there. but they only carry the losi micro's or mini's. other then that they know nothing or rc rock crawling. not like i know much. but they know less then me about it. lol. tried pushing a traxxis on me. said i would enjoy it more. lol but whatever. my whole point is i surely dont have any local hobby shop support when it comes to a crawler...
Old 12-16-2010, 03:33 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

i like my leafs! they are not too bouncy... i dont even have shocks on the back.