Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: This thing is pissing me off

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default This thing is pissing me off

damn small screws, i keep loosing them everywhere, my hands are too big to be working on such a small scale Anyways. Since im a bit of a redneck and like to save money, in the extra parts that comes with the honcho, are some front plastic links. So i measured them and, figured they are 1inch shorter than the back ones, which i though was perfect for my hilux body And that will shorten my wheelbase by an inch, and that is what i need so the cab and bed can meet at the wheel base. Anyways, this thing>>> it too long for the shorter link that i want to put on. The screw has a small plastic on it, and i was thinking of shortening that plastic so i can screw the screw in more and that will allow me to shorten the wheel base >> . Should i do that or anybody have any other ideas? I tried without the rear thing, but the rear end wiggles so bad, and it bothers me. What should i do??
crawling-wallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #2

The short answer is to remove the plastic tube and use a shorter screw to attach the upper y link that should shorten up the link to about the right spot and it dont mess anything up so it easy to reverse
goesander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by goesander View Post
The short answer is to remove the plastic tube and use a shorter screw to attach the upper y link that should shorten up the link to about the right spot and it dont mess anything up so it easy to reverse
how do i remove the plastic tube off the screw?? I have been trying to hold the plastic down with plyers, and unscrewing it but it doesnt work?
Old 12-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #4

You can try using plyers and a 2mm allen to unscrew the plastic tube... or cut it off of the screw. If you choose to cut it off then you should first go by the hobby shop and see if they carry aluminum tubing or carbon grafite tube to replace it with. If the lhs doesnt have any check the local hardware store for some or the local auto parts place for brake line tube.
Any rigid tubing material will work fine as long as it is strong enough to handle the stresses of crawling.aluminum, brass, copper, plastics if they are strong enough, even steel tubing will work if you can find it at a small enough diameter
goesander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:19 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by goesander View Post
You can try using plyers and a 2mm allen to unscrew the plastic tube... or cut it off of the screw. If you choose to cut it off then you should first go by the hobby shop and see if they carry aluminum tubing or carbon grafite tube to replace it with. If the lhs doesnt have any check the local hardware store for some or the local auto parts place for brake line tube.
Any rigid tubing material will work fine as long as it is strong enough to handle the stresses of crawling.aluminum, brass, copper, plastics if they are strong enough, even steel tubing will work if you can find it at a small enough diameter
thanks man, im gonna wait for my body to get here first. if the body fits with the links i have right now (short links, the rc is not put together) then i will have to cut the plastic piece