Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Cherokee for my daughters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Cherokee for my daughters

I didn't do a build thread since it's basically just a Honcho. My daughters have been wanting a rig of their own and I started an FJ40 build but somehow as it progressed I decided the FJ would end up being my rig.

I had a SCX10 chassis sitting on a shelf so I orderd a proline cherokee body and started at it. I adjusted the wheel base to fit the body and then started painting via rattle can. My youngest daughter stated she wanted a skull on her truck and my oldest wanted an all pink truck (I just couldn't bring mysef to do that for her though - hopefully she will like this) The green which is Pactra lime ice metalic with backing black looks much better in person. It looks like the green on the new JK's. The pinkish/purple is pactra metalic burgandy. The tan is just some valspar spray paint I had in the garage. You can't see in the pics but the headliner area and door pillar area is also painted tan to match the seating. I added some metalic burgandy to the seats to match up with the outside stripe and the bow on the skull.

While painting a masked off the headlight and taillight area so that I can add LED's to this rig later on. Also later I will make them some bumpers with spare tire and gas can carrier, etc. Once these Flat Irons get some wear on them I will change them over to something else as well.

For electronics it has a Novak rooster crawler esc, soon to be hitec 645 servo, and just a axial am radio... That too will change to a cheap 2.4 pistol. The electronics will be in a RS project box so they will be able to get this one wet which I think they will enjoy driving it through creeks.

This rig will be revealed to the girls on Christmas morning... I'll have it charged and ready for them...

and a group shot - FJ still under construction

KvilleKrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Nice builds man, all of them are very very sweet. You have some really lucky girls!!!
crawling-wallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawling-wallz View Post
Nice builds man, all of them are very very sweet. You have some really lucky girls!!!
x2.

diggin the skull n' cross bones with the cute little bow....my daughter would love that. may have to steal that one from ya when she's old enough and (hopefully) wants her own rig....
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:13 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Good build!! That was nice you added what your daughters want to the Jeep
th67ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:25 PM   #5

nothings better than family time
rogerw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

haha nice skull im diggin it!
R/C BUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:18 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Cool idea adding the little things they wanted to the Cherokee.
I've been thinkin about going with the Cherokee body too... I'm diggin it!
Hope my daughter (5 months old) will eventually want a rig like Daddy's too!
Nice build man!!
209SCXCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote