Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: New honcho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default New honcho

I just ordered a new honcho kit for my first scaler, It should be here wed. I was wondering what the recomended "must have" items are for it. I already have a source for 4 linking the rear and i plan to do it. The hand bros steering kit looks like it has mixed reviews. Is there anything else you would recomend? Thanks.
ba450crf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Well alot of people choose to do the electronics first but before you start modding it. take it out an drive it, get use to it then as you see fit start modding
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:48 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I already have the electronics sitting on my bench waiting...Tekin system ready to go... I just thought there might be some common must have mods that I could just do from the start.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #4

your driving style depends greatly on what will brake first. unless your going to comp with it, i recommend driving your new truck and replacing things only when they brake.
rcenthused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:13 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Since it's the kit and your assembling it - weight the wheels, get some good marine grease for the tranny & dif's, lock tight and even double the U-joint set screws up, don't put the rubber bumpers on the shocks, and throw in some MIP drive shafts and some Roc-Lox.
mfishr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Thanks, that is what i was looking for, saves a little trial and error. There are always some tricks to building different cars, and I have no experience with any scalers. I was looking at rc4wd and I think a winch will have to be addeded just cus its cool. maybe a light kit as well.