Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: My latest project: another JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 11:15 AM   #1

Default My latest project: another JK

So this has been my project over the last week that I just finished. I know there's a bunch of them out there, but they're just too cool so I had to make one for my self So these first few shots are of the body as I was finishing it up.
Attached Images

mcdonaldsracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2010, 11:22 AM   #2

Here are some pics of it after I finished it off earlier this morning. I know the wheels are ugly, but the new sets that I ordered haven't arrived yet. Now all I need to do is go through the electronics b/c I hadn't even turned it on until I took these pictures and noticed a few glitches (ie. tailights smoking)
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2011, 06:32 AM   #3

so I went ahead and replaced the tailights with new bulbs and everything worked flawlessly, so don't know what all the smoke was about. I also took it out on its first real trail run and man was it awesome. It performed great on the rocks and through the sticky stuff!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Nice use of the dingo roll cage! Looks good
SAL45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Looks awesome! DO you have any close up pics of the Hi-Lift on the hood. I am thinking of trying to "hide" my body pins with my Hi-Lift jack.

Thanks
0lllllll0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #6

man, I just placed it right in front of the body pins and used a hot glue gun to hold it in place. I'll take a pic if you'd like, but I just got it as close as I could to the pins and glued it in place just to make them less noticable. I wish I would have seen where guys have been using a plate up front with velcro to hold the front end of the body in place before I drilled the holes for the body posts, but I didn't so I figured I'd just try to hide them the best I could.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I hate when these JK's start showing up on here, makes me want to do one as well

That was a good idea placing the jack in front of the pin's to hide them, I didn't even notice them until you pointed them out

What wheel do you have coming for the Jeep?
th67ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #8
Gold Star Baby!

Sweet man i love that color too..
josephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:55 AM   #9

hands down thats the best color scheme for that body that ive seen thus far
rcenthused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #10

Thanks guys, I just got one set of the wheels in today and they are just the stock axial 1.9's with the gunmetal finish so I took a few pics of it with them on. I've also got a few more sets of wheels and tires coming from RC4WD, but I can't remember what they are. I've kinda gone on a spending spree lately so it's hard to remember what all I've ordered and what's come in and what hasn't. Gotta love that Christmas cash I also attached a pic that shows exactly where the hi-lift jack was mounted for whoever it was that wanted that.
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

looks like your wheel base is a bit short for the jk body, other than that its a pretty good lookin build, i also like the use of the dingo cag and bumper! the new tire and wheel combo looks pretty good as well

Last edited by 2500hdon37s; 01-03-2011 at 04:26 PM.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #12

yeah, I was looking at it earlier and was thinking about pulling the rear axle back another 5-10mm. Might have to take a closer look at it later tonight once my son goes to bed
Old 01-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonaldsracing View Post
yeah, I was looking at it earlier and was thinking about pulling the rear axle back another 5-10mm. Might have to take a closer look at it later tonight once my son goes to bed
id push the front a little farther too, as in the flex pics, it looks like its rubbing the back of the front fenders.
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #14
ncb

What wheelbase are you running now? I picked up two of the NB JKs this weekend ($40 each) and need to extend the wheel base on my SCX10. It's currently set at 11.4 and looks like it needs at least an inch for the JK body.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #15
Gold Star Baby!

That thing is freakin cool. are you gonna put that light bar on top? what other mods are you going to add?
josephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:41 PM   #16

I'll check on the wheelbase, but right now, after moving the rear axle back another 10mm, I think it's looking pretty good. I can see how some might think that the front needs to be moved forward, but right now if I moved it just the slightest bit it would hit the front bumper. As it sits now the front tires are perfectly centered b/w the back of the front fender and the edge of the bumper and there is minimal rub. As far as other mods or scale accessories I think I'm done. Not quite sure yet. I just put a Goat 13.5 setup in my timberwolf that I would really like to try out in this truck, but not sure if want to go through the trouble to switch everything over