Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: What kind of electronic speed control is the best?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 05:04 PM   #1

Question What kind of electronic speed control is the best?

Had my scx 10 3 day and my truck won't even move now and if it does its not fast I think it's the electronic speed control so I won't a waterproof. What do u all think?
Badassaxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #2

an xl-5 waterproof esc from traxxas very easy to use, waterproof, super durable.
germanauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Go w/ a Holmes Hobbies...
mfishr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:33 PM   #4

you can waterproof any esc so go ahead and buy whatever one that fits your needs and budget. if you dont want to go threw the trouble of water proofing buy a traxxas waterproof esc of your choice
rcenthused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:53 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

yeah for a waterproof one go with an xl5 speed control waterproof and the new ones can handle lipos with a built in lipo cutoff so if you want to go taht route in the futre it's already built in.
tundrafan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrafan01 View Post
yeah for a waterproof one go with an xl5 speed control waterproof and the new ones can handle lipos with a built in lipo cutoff so if you want to go taht route in the futre it's already built in.
i have a xl5 and i was thinking of starting to run a lipo. how would i know if mine has the cutoff built in? and if it doesn't which cut off would work for it?

i apologize for the thread jack. just didn't want to start a whole thread for the question
scx10mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:05 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I have a Tekin FXR in mine right now in a rubber sealed container with holes drilled for the wires and siliconed up. I really like the Tekin ESC's. I did just order the Holmes ESC though. Waterproof with no extra work, just a little bigger than the FXR. The reason I like these esc's is the computer compatibility to adjust all of the settings such as drag brake, push, throttle profiles, custom lipo cut off, etc.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:07 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scx10mudder View Post
i have a xl5 and i was thinking of starting to run a lipo. how would i know if mine has the cutoff built in? and if it doesn't which cut off would work for it?

i apologize for the thread jack. just didn't want to start a whole thread for the question
I could be wrong but I think he meant by the Traxxas VXL-3s, it has a built in lipo cutoff and it can run a brushed motor, my buddy is running the Axial 27t motor with the VXL-3s ESC for the lipo cutoff usage. It's one of a few ESC's that is designed to run brushless but can run brushed also.
arctichorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:24 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

The majority of brushless ESC's can run brushed as well.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:35 PM   #10
RCC Addict

The XL-5 that has the low voltage detector has the words "Low Voltage Detector" is small letter on the front face of the ESC, directly under the power button.

They are fine for a trail truck but not much for a crawler, better off with an Holmes Torquemaster BR-XL.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote