Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Need a little help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Need a little help.

Ok I have a scx10 that started out awhile back as a rtr dingo. The modifications I have done on the first night was a set of mip drive shafts, Tekin fxr with 35t, battery relocation and running a Dx3r. Well she has sat for quite time I took it out and mounted a new body and a set of Rok lox on DS 1.9.
I charged up a good 2s and went for a run tonight. The first problem I had was it acted like the slipper was completely lose. The other thing was the motor got real hot to touch. Oh one last thing the front axel seams nice and tight but the rear axel seams kind of hung up when trying to rotate them by hand. When I grab the front wheels and rotate by hand it is tight but turns smoothly when I do that to the rear axle it clicks and does not rotate the front axles. Just so you know the wheels are off the ground when I do this.
boisetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2011, 01:11 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Anyone?
Old 01-03-2011, 03:38 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Stupid question...did you pay attention to where your pinion shaft was when you installed your driveshafts?

These trucks seem to have quite a bit of slop in the pinion-to-ring gear mesh and if you don't get it just right it'll allow it to get too tight. This could cause the slipper to NEED to slip, cause the motor to work too hard and heat up, and bam, there's your problem.
ThunderbirdJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:12 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Yeah I did I ran it up till like july and then let it sit till last night. I will pull the rear axel apart when I get. Home next. Thanks. K
Old 01-03-2011, 06:39 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

If it sat that long, is it possible that maybe some of the bearings in the rear end have seized (rusted)?
rod.d is offline   Reply With Quote