Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: I need to be shocked!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default I need to be shocked!!

I have an axial scx10. It is my very first rc build and i am trying to get some opinions on what shocks to upgrade to. I have been watching videos and looking at build threads and I cant seem to get the articulation and ground clearance I am wanting. I modded the position of my shocks and got the battery crazy low (I am actually proud of myself for that) and it helped but still not good enough. so I believe i am going to upgrade the shocks. stock is 98mm and i have been looking at the axial comp shocks at 103mm or some rc4wd shocks at 110mm. I have heard some good things about rc4wd so I am leaning towards those but is 110mm to much? will they make me top heavy? I understand the physics of cog. Well, MUCH THANKS for any and all advice.
slammin1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Did you 4 link the rear yet?

Shocks: I've seen a lot of people going with the Pro-Lines? Also if you go with RC4wd shock they measure total length not eye to eye.
th67ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Stock shocks are 90mm or 3.5" eye to eye I run the Axial 103mm shock it's is 103mm or 4" eye to eye the 103mm are 1/2" longer than the stock shocks I run a tall 4.75" tire and the shocks work perfect for my setup here is my build link for pics.
Axial Dingo / JK Build
Black Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

4 linking the rear didnt help my articulation, it hurt it.

I run the losi 4" crawler shocks. There is a few threads recently in these forums about shocks. Check them out.
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Articulation isn't everything...in fact, too much articulation, while it might look cool, will actually hurt performance.

Work on proper suspension geometry, and the rest will fall into place.

BTW, I doubt it was simply the 4 link the hurt your articulation. Any time you modify the suspension, you have to look carefully and make sure you don't have any binding.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote