Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Some questions bout my truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Question Some questions bout my truck

Well I put a new motor in it because the end taps on the other motor wore down? Why would they wear down so fast?(got my truck on Nov. 9 and its the RTR kit)

Sometimes my servo will make a high pitched sound and will go back and forth all its own. Why would it be doing that?

And also sometimes my truck wont back up?

Now I live in Maine and its colder then a witches tit in a brass bra. Could the cold be the reason for all of this? Im not a genius bout all this crawler stuff with the electronics. So try to put it in simple terms for me.
*sorry for the rant, but thanks for the help everybody*
XcrawlerkidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
RCC Addict

For the motor:

Did you run it in any mud? If you mean end taps as the Brushes, they can wear quick if they get dirty. They normally last quite a while though. New ones can be purchased without buying a new motor for a few dollars.

For servo twitching:

Could be a few things. The stock electronics are not the best. The long receiver antenna can sometimes touch metal or be run near other wires, etc which cause glitching (interference). Make sure the antenna wires is not laying on other wires or touch metal parts of the vehicle in particular.

Also could be if the motor does not have capacitors installed. Some motors have them built into the endbell. Others you have to solder them on. Sometimes you may not need them. It is always good to have them on even if you do not have noticeable glitching. I know for instance that some motors do not come with them. Some of the Integny motors I bought did not come with them but I had extras.

I know it is a bit of a distance for you. But the closest hobby shop I have been to up there is "Ray and Robbins". They are pretty good people there and if you need someone to look at it, i am sure they could help figure it out. Not sure if you bought it online and need local help. Not everyone has friends or people around that are into them. They are a little north of Portland. You can find their website by searching that name. There may be places closer for you, but that is the furthest I have gone into Maine for Rc stuff. I get alot of my plane and heli stuff there.
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Mud and dirt are brushes and comms worst enemy.
Tru3Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Rtr motor doesn't have replaceable brushes, so that's why he replaced the whole motor.
Calicrawler23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:06 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook82 View Post
For the motor:

Did you run it in any mud? If you mean end taps as the Brushes, they can wear quick if they get dirty. They normally last quite a while though. New ones can be purchased without buying a new motor for a few dollars.

For servo twitching:

Could be a few things. The stock electronics are not the best. The long receiver antenna can sometimes touch metal or be run near other wires, etc which cause glitching (interference). Make sure the antenna wires is not laying on other wires or touch metal parts of the vehicle in particular.

Also could be if the motor does not have capacitors installed. Some motors have them built into the endbell. Others you have to solder them on. Sometimes you may not need them. It is always good to have them on even if you do not have noticeable glitching. I know for instance that some motors do not come with them. Some of the Integny motors I bought did not come with them but I had extras.

I know it is a bit of a distance for you. But the closest hobby shop I have been to up there is "Ray and Robbins". They are pretty good people there and if you need someone to look at it, i am sure they could help figure it out. Not sure if you bought it online and need local help. Not everyone has friends or people around that are into them. They are a little north of Portland. You can find their website by searching that name. There may be places closer for you, but that is the furthest I have gone into Maine for Rc stuff. I get alot of my plane and heli stuff there.
I just have the stock 27T motor. And yea I have ran it threw mud, dirt, sand, rocks, and etc.

Kings Mountain RC in Orrigtion is where I buy my RC stuff. I call him up, give im the part # and he gets in a couple of days and I get my motor for 13 bucks with out shiping. His name is Warren and hes good s**t. He deals with planes and heli's to.

I live in Veazie which is in the middle of Bangor and Orono and a drive to Potland is bout 3 hours away and to Orrigtion is bout 30 to 40 minutes.

I have my entana zip tied to my frame and have it sticking out the bed of it. So I'll cut of the zip ties and stick it back threw the hole on the hood and try that.

Whats good for after market electronincs? I want something where I can run a brush or brushless and run my 7.2V ni-cad battery and still run a lipo. That doesnt cost like 500 bucks.

Thanks for the help.
*sorry for the long reply*
XcrawlerkidX is offline   Reply With Quote