Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: New to Scalers and RCCrawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 08:37 AM   #1

Default New to Scalers and RCCrawler

Didn't see an introduction section so I figured this was a good spot. Just picked up an SCX10 off craigslist this last weekend for $200 ready to roll. She has some wear and tear but in great shape never the less. I need a new body, I think the one on it is a toysRus cheapy. I've been in the RC world for many years starting with the original RC10 gold tub buggy, just wanted a change.

starchief1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
riz
Quarry Creeper

Dude..... You beat me to the buy on this one..... I contacted the guy and he said it just sold. How is it? Good buy?

RIZ
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #3

I think I did well on this one. I've been watching prices on the Axial trucks for a while now and $200 seemed pretty reasonable. The body is cheap like previously stated and doesn't like to sit level so that's kind of annoying. As far as the truck itself goes; it has a dual battery setup with the Axial trays, all aluminum suspension and steering links, aluminum shocks (not sure what brand), a traxxas waterproof electronics box, the 2.2 rock lizard tires and axial rims, an HPI jolt ESC, and a Traxxas standard 2 channel radio. Overall it's in use shape with the suspension links a bit scratched and the rear bumper is a little messed up. A lot of screws are random too. I just ordered a SS screw kit from RPP so that'll fix that. Come spring I'll probably get a new body too.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #4

Oh, and he had about 1500 BBs in each tire when I got it too and no foam so they ran FLAT. I removed about 1/2 the BBs in each tire and put in the foams he gave me. The tires don't sag so much and there's still enough weight that it rides well in the snow.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:15 AM   #5
riz
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, it seemed like a good deal. I wanted it to put a different body on it and give to my daughter. Good luck with it, bro.

RIZ
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #6

Thanks man. Actually just got my 6 year old son a Stampede for Christmas this year too. Something more to do with him. He loves anything that he can drive. LOL!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

I'm new to the hobby completly, nice buy btw. Sweet looking chev truck.
I bought a TR Hancho RTR got 2 7 cell Tmaxxx Batterys and a Dynamite 7c charger.

I paid 300, Since I didn't have a ton of money just lying around I went with a RTR option. Since I have no tools or anything. I now have tools on order. and some lubes etc.

Now a few things I plan on in the next month is the following.

Behind the Axle Steering (BTA)
SCX10 TR ALUMINUM LINKS UPGRADE SET
Dinky RC Axial AX10/SCX10 1-piece Truss Link
Inetgy Front Shock Mount, Silver: SCX 10
Inetgy Gearbox Holder / Lower Link (4), Silver: SCX 10
Integy Billet Machined Piggyback Shock SCX-10 (2)

Oh and almost for got Adding some weights to the Wheels 4oz front 2oz rear. The flex is not all that great on the RTR any suguestions?

I also plan on either a Defender 90 or Jk Rubicon body. Do I need to shorten up the wheel base for either of these bodys?

Last edited by RCBreeze; 01-05-2011 at 11:11 AM.
RCBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:55 AM   #8

I think the flex would improve with the aluminum link swap out a bit. Also, a different shock will make a lot of difference as will the weights in the wheels. Will help hold the "corners down" during articulation. Don't know on the bodies. These trucks I believe are a 12.3" wheelbase.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Lookin good! Would you wanna sell that body?
Tru3Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #10

It's somewhat banged up. The bed has drywall screws connecting it to the cab, there's extra holes in the bed under the tonneau, scratches, and the passenger mirror is missing. It is all intact though and no broken parts and looks like you could install LEDs in the headlights, tail lights, and possibly the 3rd brake on the top of the cab.

I'd sell it but no idea what it's worth and wouldn't want to rip anyone off here. Especially since I'm a new member. LOL!

If you're still interested let me know. I can take some better pics to show you it's complete condition.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #11

I like the body too, have to find one.
RODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote