Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Why more weight in the front?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #1

Default Why more weight in the front?

I cut a bunch of 1 oz. pieces of wheel weights from a big roll and am getting ready stick them on the wheels of my rig tonight.

I've been reading a lot of threads about how much to use, and it looks like if it's not an equal amount in the front & rear, the answer is more in the front than the rear? My SCX has the battery in the front already so I would think to even the weight out I'd need less in the front and more in the rear? There is really no weight in the rear of my vehicle in it's stock form.

I'm planning on doing 4 oz. in the front, and 3 in the rear as it seems to be the most common setup, or 3 & 2, but I just wanted to know the reason for more weight in front than the rear?

Thanks!!
offroadkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

The reason ( not trying to sound like a prick) is you rarely crawl up somthing in reverse your always goin forward, but you want to add a little weight to the rear when you goin down a steep slope, so your rear end does come up and the rig flips, but ya always wanna keep those fronts down plus the more weight you add to the front the better the tires will grip
cmyers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #3

Thanks for explaining it for me! Your reply hardly came across as anything but a sincere way to explain the answer to my question!

After dinner I will start the tedious removal of the beadlockers!
offroadkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadkid View Post
Thanks for explaining it for me! Your reply hardly came across as anything but a sincere way to explain the answer to my question!

After dinner I will start the tedious removal of the beadlockers!
No prob man, just dont wanna come across that way it hard to read people when its all typed
cmyers1 is offline   Reply With Quote