Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Need help with lights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Need help with lights

well, i bought some bright white lights a long time ago, and its time to use them. It hard to explain but the transmitter box has a different hook than the lights i have. I took the hook off of my old lights, hacked the hook on the new lights and connected it to the old hook, and into the transmitter and i now have lights. But they are dim for some reason. I have the best connection i can get and its making full on contact. When i connect these lights to my savage which has the same hook, they are very very bright, even brighter than the stock lights, but when i connect them to my crawler they get dim. I though the battery could affect it, but nope, with a fully charged battery they are bright as hell. What can be wrong here?? Here is a pic to show you

crawling-wallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

are they the same brand model of transmitter in both trucks??

If not I would suspect thst the voltage comming out of the transmitter's are different and giving you a different output
801RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

on of the transmitter is Fubata, and the other is the stock HPI transmitter that is apparantly giving me a higher voltage. Is there anything i can do about it?
Old 01-19-2011, 08:45 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

you could remove it from the transmitter and hook it up to a 9volt battery and see if that helps the output
Old 01-19-2011, 08:51 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 801RYAN View Post
you could remove it from the transmitter and hook it up to a 9volt battery and see if that helps the output
yeah but i wanna keep it running off the battery that the truck runs off
Old 01-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I know what u mean ...I'm sure there are some inline resistors in the LED kit but what I'm NOT sure about is if they could handle the direct battery current ... maybe someone else will chime in here
Old 02-25-2011, 02:21 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

http://www.rc-cam.com/led_info.htm

this is what i used its an LED calculator, you input your voltage, mines 9.6 volts and the input volt for the LED, my white LED was 2.2v and the operating current was 20mA, all i had to do was google 1/4 w 390 ohm resister and found them, bought my own red and white leds and the correct resistors off ebay, from an electronics store, combined shipping too. Anyways, made a light bar, 2 front headlights and 2 rear red lights, runs off battery built in my truck

http://postimage.org/image/3w8ds1r8/
Spiike is offline   Reply With Quote