Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: SCX10 Help....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 06:46 AM   #1

Default SCX10 Help....

I wanted to know what other people are doing with their batteries on the Honcho. I am using the Hands Brothers steering mount but now there is no place to mount the battery and still use the Honcho body. I did see a link in the HB post about a guy making them in plastic but he posted that they are not available. I was going to see if I could use graphite and or a T plate from a 1/10 pan car. Please post ideas and pictures.
Cbr100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2011, 07:02 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Mines in front location using the stock battery tray and sit just above the servo. I run a 2S lipo battery. The battery tray is only held in place at the front radio box mount & x-member .
Attached Images

Last edited by mfishr; 01-20-2011 at 07:04 AM.
mfishr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:30 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

take out your radio box, and mount your batttery paralell with the axle then put the radio box where the battery tray was. if you mount your battery like mfishr you get really high COG and rig will want to roll over much faster than if you wount the batter like i suggest. it mounts it lower than stock for even better COG!
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:12 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I still use the honcho body

murky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:01 PM   #5

I like both ideas I was thinking along the line of Mfishr setup. I am going to see if I can mount it from behind the radio box and on the front and to the right of the servo with a servo mount pointed up. Now I just have to mount it up. I know the center of gravity will be a little off but I am using a Lipo battery. We will see. I will post again with pictures of my SCX10 this weekend.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:29 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

I made a saddle pack from a duratrax 3800 stick pack I had laying around. They are mounted in aluminum channels I made from some scrap tubing I had cut to size on my table saw. They are a very snug fit, and probably don't need the velcro straps. The channels are fastened with screws into the slider pin mount points. I also have a 3-cell side by side pack that I can fasten to the top of the rx box and connect with a series adapter if I want to run 9 cells. I removed it to make the pic clearer.

runout_mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #7

I came up with this after a little brain storming. I wanted to use the battery tray and add the steering servo tray to the end of it with servo mounts. I know the pictures are bad but I think it will work.

I am going to use one steering mount in the front with a 28mm post and 2 28mm post in the back of the radio box. On the back of the battery mount I am going to use 2 steering mounts to hold the servo plate at 90 degrees to the battery mount.

I know I am using the Velineon VXL-3 is a crawler no no but I am going for scale/basher type plus I had an extra set. I am going to start a new thread on my build this weekend. Thanks for the help. I was really stuk on this one.

ck
Old 01-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

not to burst your bubble or anything but that setup looks like it is way to top heavy. But I am still pretty new to the rc world. let me know how it works out because i am eventually going to mount my servo to the frame as well.
slammin1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

for what it's worth here's my 2s mounting.
08sv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #10
No idea what I'm doing

C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote