Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Thinking of stretching

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 02:03 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Thinking of stretching

Okay so well the other day i was wheeling and my aluminum links broke so i said to myself could i use the links off my revo 3.3 and well i did in front and stretched it and it looks sick but ran into a problem with driveshaft length and im looking at going with punishers 150-192mm shafts. Now another problem wheels and tires what are the biggest 2.2s out there the rock crushers, the bogger look a likes or what can somebody give a link to good tire and wheel combos
98sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #2

2.2 rovers on axial stock rims are not very tall but not real short
trail king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Looking for a wider and taller tire to make the scx wider because i think it needs to be wider so it want flip as easy
Old 01-31-2011, 12:58 AM   #4
RCC Addict

flip backwards or sideways cause if it flips backwards that dont have anything to do with how wide it is, also rockstar wheels will give u a good wide stance and baja claws are really wide and look great on scx10 i run 1.9's and im very happy with my claws you will need to change those foam crawler innovations will hook u up with some awesome duel stage foams that will do great in all weather conditions ditch memory foam in cold weather
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:11 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

It flips sideways.I have weights up front and rear so it doesnt flip backwards or forward. Im wanting to try 2.2's and correct me if im wrong the SCX10 is a 12mm hex right
Old 01-31-2011, 02:10 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98sierra View Post
It flips sideways.I have weights up front and rear so it doesnt flip backwards or forward. Im wanting to try 2.2's and correct me if im wrong the SCX10 is a 12mm hex right
correct 12mm if your flipping sideways that means you have poor sidehill are you running any scale items such as a roof rack things like that i'd try adjust my shock set-up instead of widen the stance but if u choose to widen the rockstars have a huge offset and they look sick, but i'd try playing with springs, shock weight, just test and retest adjustments see what works for ya
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:46 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

ok ill try to do that but i dont have any scale stuff