Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: my comanche honcho aka apache

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default my comanche honcho aka apache

so i was very close to buying this:

after i did this:

to this:

but i ended up buying a 97 grand cherokee limited, loaded, 120k on it, mint for $2,000. the comanche was $1,200, needed a new rear end, front suspension, rockers were rotted gone, floors were gone, and i was starting college so i couldnt take on another project. but i wish i would have had time for the manche, ive always had a soft spot for them. as for the cherokee, i was cut off by an old lady who flew across traffic and it was either hit her or the snow bank. instant reaction was to swerve, hit the snow bank and flipped. i still have it, its in the process of getting a new roof, caged, 8.8 rear, trussed 30 and 36" IROKs.

but enough of that, i got a honcho for Christmas and man this thing is sweet! but i didnt like the stock body so i ended up picking up a comanche body and underbody kit from the LHS. i spent 3 days painting it but it still turned out like crap, scratched up from mounting the cage, and the candy red paint i chose went on thin as hell. so im going to order another one and paint it white and make it look nice.

so far it only has 1.9" flat irons on black chrome beadlocks..im probably going to run those til they are bald but kind of want to go a little bigger. after running the truck tonight, its obvious the little tires have a big disadvantage.

either way, the only things i really want to do to the truck are a 65t motor and deans which i have, some scale touches, an interior and some headlights and tail lights.

onto the pictures

so thats it for now..even though i messed up the body, i still think it looks a hell of alot better than stock and just wanted to show it off. ill update as i go
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

i like it and think it looks good
XxRockStar199xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

thanks man yeah i like it alot more than stock but im kind of ocd about stuff like the body lines lining up so i want to try on the next one to make them line up perfect.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:47 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Looks good. I cut the lower truss section off of my bumpers, it lets the tires get to the rocks better and gets the truck up and over stuff. Too bad about the XJ, Are you on Cherokee Forum also?
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:21 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

yeah im aircruiser over there too and i think im gonna do the cut too..just waiting to get time to really work on it again haha
Old 01-31-2011, 03:52 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

hey man i saw you over on cherokee forum too i saw it was posted on another xj site too but that was a pretty good wreck were you able too salvage anything off of it
crawlmaster18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

yeah the only thing really damaged was the roof. doors were both tweaked, hatch is messed up and ofcourse a bunch of new dents haha. but i am keeping it, getting the unibody straightened at a friends shop and then were cutting the roof off a donor jeep and my buddy is going to put on the new roof at his shop and im going to do most of the work to save cash. i sold off some stuff to pay for my new jeep which is just a daily driver. 97 zj limited, mint, 120k, its getting tow points, 2" BB and 31s on ravines.

heres some pics of the xj up righted

Old 01-31-2011, 02:12 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

how did you manage that?
R/C BUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Why do you want a 65t Motor you runnimg 6s lipo or something? Most guys stick to a 35-45t setup wheel speed isn't a bad thing

BTW what the hell did you do the thh XJ? were you trying to jump snow berm and overdo it? of was there some adult beverages involved?
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:13 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C BUM View Post
how did you manage that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
Why do you want a 65t Motor you runnimg 6s lipo or something? Most guys stick to a 35-45t setup wheel speed isn't a bad thing

BTW what the hell did you do the thh XJ? were you trying to jump snow berm and overdo it? of was there some adult beverages involved?
yeah but right now the stock motor is glitching like crazy at low speeds so i want something that can crawl without glitching like crazy

as for the real jeep, i was in the right lane doing about 40mph on a 2 lane road. there was an intersection where this lady was coming out of a michaels crafts store taking a left onto the road i was on. there were no cars in the left lane so i figured like any non-retarded dumb ass piece of shit human being, she would go into the left lane. wrong. she was a retarded dumb ass piece of shit. she flew over into my lane and rather than hitting her, my instant reaction was to swerve and the passengers side tire went into the snow bank and drove up it causing the jeep to roll.

the lady stopped, i was wearing my seat belt hanging upside down..multiple people came running over but when the cops showed up, nobody said they saw it and i was to busy trying to gather what was going on to realize the dumb bitch took off. im pretty sure my back end swung around and hit her car (you can see the drivers side of the back bumper is smashed) so im sure her car took a hit..but the cops never found her.

i only had liability on the jeep so i got ****ed and had to sell off some armor to pay for my new jeep and im going to rebuild the xj once im out of college in 3 years. kind of worked out though..the xj was having a ton of problems and it was all happening at once. if i hadnt wrecked it, i was either going to have to sell it to buy a DD or park it and bum rides off friends. but i still wish i could find the old bat that cut me off and then took off and tell her she is lucky cause had i not been paying attention, her dumb ass would be dead from my bumper going through her skull.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:41 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Nicw scx, saw the build of the XJ on cherokeeforum. It suck to see it wrecked. Hope everything works out for you on the rebuild of the 1:1. These rc crawlers are addictive and way cheaper then the real thing. I have sold off some of my fleet of jeeps just because I have been doing less 1:1 and more 1:10. Cant wait to get my scx, finally going scaler after getting the comp crawler that I feel need no more tuning or mods.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

thanks man yeah ive been into r/c since i was like 12 but sold off all my stuff to pay for the real jeep and then made the mistake of buying another one recently haha
Old 02-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Air, you should be able to find a decent donor 4x2 XJ in the south. It's pitiful how many 2wd XJs pollute TN and MS, man!

I turned down several back when I lived down there with perfect sheetmetal and drivetrain issues for $1000 and lower.
ThunderbirdJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote