Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Second hand honcho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Sounds to me like you just need to wire in a Castle BEC" That will take care of all the power issues, and get rid of the weight of the RX pack

I don't think your old rx was the problem, and your old ESC doesn't need to supply it's own power so i don't think it's bad either....The internal bec went out is what it sounds like.

PM me if you want to get rid of the old RX
Twisted Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the info and offer, Twisted. I had the same thoughts about my old rx being ok, so I think I'll hold on to it for one of my other rigs.

I just went out for a quick test run on my new mudslingers and these tires work great, worth every penny. I put 3oz of weight on all 4 rims, and swapped out the stock foams for some custom cut memory foams. So for I'm very pleased with how well the new combo climbs and crawls. They look good on my new rims too!! I'm running one of my spare bodies right now, till I finish modding the raptor body to fit the honcho cage.

Last edited by AZINDY; 02-27-2011 at 06:15 PM.
AZINDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Here are a couple pics of the new wheel and tire combo, and the body I'm running till I get the raptor finished.

These rims had black rings when I got them. I sanded them down for that machined look.

Let me know what you guy and gals think...........

I like the current body, but then again I'm a redneck at heart!!

Last edited by AZINDY; 07-19-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Wheels and tires look sick!!!

Get that dang Raptor body done! Thats gonna be sexy!!!
TorchedMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Second hand honcho

Its been a fun past year slowly modding my scaler. It now has a 4 link front suspension using spare stock parts after the 3 link gave out. Made a servo winch then relocated the battery pack, cut the stock battery plate down and mount the winch to it. Plus I finished making the raptor body fit, ended up removing the bed section of the body too. Also changed to a 22tooth pinion with a 90 tooth spur gear, it has the wheel speed I wanted plus still handles slow speed crawling with ease.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

I also mirrored and flipped the trans. Took it crawling this morning before work and couldn't be happier, the winch worked great too.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Going to head out to 9 tables tomorrow for the scale run? It should be a good one. The truck is looking good.
My Honcho was 2nd or 3rd hand off CL too. It looked like it had about 2 packs through it, that changed in the hour or two I had it home.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

I'ld like to go to a scale run sometime, but I live by 101 & the 17 so I don't think any of them are close to me. Plus there is a great place for scalers right beside my house. I've posted in the az section a few times inviting anyone that wants too can join us.

I wish I had a way to post pics cause I made a lot of changes over the past month. Only internet I have is on my phone, and can't figure out how to post pics from it. I made longer front links this morning to move the axle forward and rotate the axle housing to get a better pinion angle. Then made a new mount for the front of my servo winch mount, which allows for full suspension travel of the front axle. Also changed the rear cross braces so the axle housing fits all the way up in the frame till the shocks bottom out.

Last edited by AZINDY; 03-10-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #29
RCC Addict

Keep an eye on the front steering geometry. Sometimes when you clock the axle forward it makes it so when you turn the tires kind of lean over instead of turning. A set of clockable C-hubs will help this if you got into that situation.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the tip. I only clocked it a degree or 2 nothing major. Getting ready to go out and do soe testing this morning.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #31
RCC Addict

That Raptor body will look great. But...the panel looks killer man! Also you nailed it with wheel/tire combo. Look forward to seeing it progress
Mr.Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #32
Pebble Pounder

I like the panel look too!!! But after cutting the raptor bed off and extending the wheels base a little I really like the way it turned out. I need to get some pics. of the new look posted
Old 03-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Went out to our favorite "scaler proving grounds" last weekend to see how the longer wheels base worked. So far so good, hill climbs better, approach angle is a lot better, but it does get high centered on the trans skid plate easier. All in all I'm extremely pleased with the look and trail blazer/crawler ability my scx10 has now.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Here are a few pics with my current raptor set up with the bed still attached and after removing the bed. The front bumper and axle have both been moved forward to fit the body better. I also installed a scale tool box where the honcho fuel cell was in the bed, inside the tool box is a battery pack for the steering & winch servos along with an on/off switch.

Last edited by AZINDY; 07-19-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Finally got a chance to do some early morning trail running, felt great getting back out on the rocks