Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Disaster please help guys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Disaster please help guys

ok well disaster has struck and i need help.my fxr/35tcombo has let me down ive had it for bout 7 months and ran it on a 6 cell nimh bat well it somehow messed up. it had lights on the sec but didnt have no motor response, no forward or reverse. also afterahwile it glitched and took off really fast then slow. and then when i went to turn it off the red wired came out of the on/off switch and i cant solder so i decided to put the stock axial esc in it. well the only motor i had that would fit it was a old 540 out of a moa exceed mad crawler but as it turns out that motor wont work because i pluged it in and ran it for maybe 5 mins and notice it was super hot and so was the esc so i dont no what to do. and the closest hobbystore is bout 3 and a half hours away. so do i buy another cheap motor or what guys i need help please i have so much money already into this thing
XxRockStar199xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Well seeing as the switch is already messed up I would put it back the way it was then cute the black wire on the switch and splice or twist it to the red and see if that fixes the problem. Probably a bad switch. If it fixes it u can order a new switch or find someone to solder it and just unplug the battery when not in use.
93-12smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

or buy a new esc.....

heres one!
http://www.google.com/products/catal...wAQ#ps-sellers
VintageCopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

not a bad idea thanxs but i might just buy a cheap motor like a 540 silvercan from rc4wd
XxRockStar199xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRockStar199xX View Post
not a bad idea thanxs but i might just buy a cheap motor like a 540 silvercan from rc4wd
I was just about to edit my post! haha! you can buy one of those esc's at a hobby shop for 30 or 20 bucks less.... and of course you can buy a motor there. You could get a 12t Titan Motor. Those motors are beast!
Old 02-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

If you want a cheap motor, you can get the RC4WD as you mentioned for roughly $15 shipped. I put the 35T in my truck and like it alot. I havnt hit mud or water so I cant say anything for that though.
M109R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageCopal View Post
I was just about to edit my post! haha! you can buy one of those esc's at a hobby shop for 30 or 20 bucks less.... and of course you can buy a motor there. You could get a 12t Titan Motor. Those motors are beast!
I agree mine has the xl5 and Titan 12t and it has some nice power, you can sling some mud!!
RCTRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:30 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTRUX View Post
I agree mine has the xl5 and Titan 12t and it has some nice power, you can sling some mud!!
It's a lot of fun to just drive around and puddles and get some water/mud shots, and of course mud climb. That is really fun to do!
Old 02-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #9
TSK
Shelf queen

Just cut the switch off, and join the red and black wires. It will always be "on" and you just have to disconnect the battery everytime you finish a run.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #10

RPP hobby has a few motors in the bargain page right now
rogerw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:52 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

take the black wire, strip the ends like 1/2 an in, strip the red the same way twist them together....try to solder or you can use electical tape and tape it as hard and tight as you can.
R/C BUM is offline   Reply With Quote