Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: newbie making progress

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 12:11 AM   #1

Default newbie making progress

well iv been using this site on a day to day basis for about a mounth now after i bought my scx 10 dingo rtr so ganna show some pics and hope to get some feedback on how to make it better or if you like it running tekin 45t combo alum links and steering 110 mm shocks
this is it with 1.9 baja claws i like them but they seems to be hard to climb with or maybe its my setup. im new to this so dont really know i got weight in front wheels that came with the proline wheels and minimal weight in back so i whent to hobby store and picked up some 2.2's to try and see how they work lot people post they dont like 2.2s on scx10 but im kinda liking the look. it snowed and im not watterproof so havent tested them yet. let me know what you think

the bumber is also first attempt at making so dont look at it to hard lol pics are from phone no camra sorry
smeemgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Looks good with either set of tires in my opinion. I worry that with the 2.2s you won't have much flex room before the tire hits the body.

In the pic with the 1.9s, you should lower the front end of the body. I think that will improve the look of it.
BadRockNoCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #3

i get 5" of flex with 1.9s and around 4.5" with 2.2s so its not much but then again i dont know how much flex is to much and how much is not enuff guess depends on where your at. how much is typical for a scx10 ?
on a side note the 2.2s are hb rover's and they seem to be climbing alot better then 1.9s betting its do to the very noticable diffrence in softness
smeemgee is offline   Reply With Quote