Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: first scx10 build looking for tips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #1

Default first scx10 build looking for tips

ok so i just started building an axial scx10 and i wanna see if im going in a good direction. ok so this is what i have done so far i have fully built rears with heavy duty lockers, gears, straight axial and lock outs in the rear and axial optional shafts up front, axial trans with hot racing gears, hot racing 101mm bent links front and back with gmade 70mm bent links with rc4wd metal rod ends, tcs servo mount and 4 link mount, and gmade g-transtion 90mm shocks set up in a sprung setup with tcs soft springs and 35 weight shock oil the measure 107mm eye to eye. my wheelbase is 12.6 inches as im going with prolines 72 c10 long bed

now to start with what i plan on adding i have axial racing casters, high clearance knuckles, and rear lock-outs. either strc or tcs center plate, gmade hardened drive shafts, mamba max, holmes cobalt 10t puller motor, proline 2.2 titus rims with soft mudslingers, tough armor bumpers and rock sliders, with wireless winch, not sure what servo yet

but anyway i wanna see if this is a good start this is my first build and im looking to make something kinda scale but more function then scale. i plan on crawling as well as wheeling it in the mud and trails.*

things i wanna know are if its all gonna handle the motor and is that the right ecs for that motor, what pinion and spur gear i should use, what battery, good mounting ideas for battery and esc see pics where i have the radio box, im looking for good waterproof ideas, some shock ideas if what i have isn't right cause i was thinking of changing the rear to tcs medium springs with 35 weight in the rear and 45 up front. or medium all around but weight now it seems to have good articulation but worried about torque twist. also wheel weight ideas on how much as each titus rim has 8 ounces if im correct.

http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/...scx10%20build/

Last edited by Crawlerdjc; 03-13-2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Not getting any help at all
Crawlerdjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
mudding, scaler 2.2, scx-10, suspension