Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: LR3 Builds "The Hoss" - A Trail Worrier JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
LR3
Rock Crawler

Default LR3 Builds "The Hoss" - A Trail Worrior JK

Finally got around to getting a SCX10 RTR Dingo and love it. I drove it around stock for one day before the stock axial electronics stopped working, so I salvaged the electronics out of my CC01 and threw them into the SCX along with an Integy 55t. The 55t had the perfect combination of speed and tourque and crawled most anywhere I pointed it. I didn't really think it could perform any better until I decided to move the battery up front and it can now scale about a 45-55 degree slope which was crazy cool for me as I was used to the CCs not so great, err, everything. The Proline Flat Irons too have started to get broken in, and they grip pretty well so tires and wheels are staying. After running it with that setup for about three or four weeks, RC4WD got the best of me and I dumped about 180 bucks worth of money on some upgrades which I will have some photos of later when I get a chance. As you can guess, I will be running the ProLine 2009 Jeep Wrangler 2DR body as it is a near perfect wheelbase for the Dingo and needs only some longer links. I only have a few pics for you now, but a few is better then none haha

Flexy

Up at Sawnee mountain after I had replaced the electronics and moved the battery

I like this pic.

Later this week we will be getting the paint for it, Not sure what color yet, but I have a few ideas, and we also have to run the the LHS and grab a new ESC as I toasted mine in an accidential water dip

Last edited by LR3; 03-15-2011 at 05:17 PM.
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Nice choice, that's what my H2 started life as. BTW, it's spelled "Warrior", unless the rig is constantly uneasy about something lol.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbacon12 View Post
BTW, it's spelled "Warrior", unless the rig is constantly uneasy about something lol.
thats what I thought too....
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:35 PM   #4
LR3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbacon12 View Post
Nice choice, that's what my H2 started life as. BTW, it's spelled "Warrior", unless the rig is constantly uneasy about something lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R/CMaxximus5.0 View Post
thats what I thought too....
. Okay, it changes it on the first post, but not on the thread title. Anyway to do that haha

Last edited by LR3; 03-15-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #5
LR3
Rock Crawler

Finally got some pics for yall.

The ProLine JK body looks super detailed

Their new floorpan is super nice

RC4WD front winch bumper. It is super well build and great looking. By holding it up next to the body I can already tell it will fit perfect.

Winch

RC4WD Tire Carrier. This too is super well build and will perfectly fit the body
Old 03-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

lookin good so far

should turn out pretty good with the parts you have there
sheedy126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #7

I'm starting on my Proline JK built to. Just a hint there is a thin layer of plastic on. Make sure you take it off first of or you will have to repaint it.
Q63tactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q63tactical View Post
I'm starting on my Proline JK built to. Just a hint there is a thin layer of plastic on. Make sure you take it off first of or you will have to repaint it.
I'm 99.99% sure that he already knows that. :thumbsup:

It's looking real good Ryan I think it's missing a tow hitch.
THE CRAWLER KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #9
LR3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheedy126 View Post
lookin good so far

should turn out pretty good with the parts you have there
Thanks. I love how RC4WD makes it real easy to make a great rig even with low experience/fab skills
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q63tactical View Post
yea, there is a piece of paper that came with it explaining how to paint it, good luck with your JK
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE CRAWLER KING View Post
I'm 99.99% sure that he already knows that. :thumbsup:

It's looking real good Ryan I think it's missing a tow hitch.
thanks! There really isn't anywhere to put a tow hitch as the tire carrier comes with a tube bumper. This rig isn't a tow rig anyway, it is a trail worriOr haha
Old 03-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #10
LR3
Rock Crawler

Not too much of an update but an update none the less. I got the winch mounted up, and also build the tire rack which was super easy as it only took two hex screws. I also decided on the paint color. I will be smoking out the windows(no interior on this one), and will be using silver paint with a flat black roof and fenders. not sure it I will paint the front grill area flat black yet, but I have seen a couple of 1:1s like that and they look killer. We will be getting the ESC and the paint tomorrow so I will have some real updates for everyone.

Winch mounted, this thing has some weight to it which will help plant the front end even better

Tire carrier constructed

Difference between the Tamiya FJ40 body and the ProLine JK body.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

It's looking good Ryan, What esc are you gonna get? Also I'm gonna make a trailer big enojgh for 2 Axial's so that my E-maxx can tow my AX10 and your JEEP to travel over the real rough stuff. Also did you waterproof your electronics.

Last edited by THE CRAWLER KING; 03-17-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #12
LR3
Rock Crawler

Got the paint for it today. It is gonna be silver and black, also, the bumpers do not fit at all, so I have to figure those out, and I have no idea how to wire the winch. Anybody know how to wire a bulldog winch?
Old 03-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
Got the paint for it today. It is gonna be silver and black, also, the bumpers do not fit at all, so I have to figure those out, and I have no idea how to wire the winch. Anybody know how to wire a bulldog winch?
You mean you want to know how to wire it to the battery or?

Here you go buddy enjoy.

3Racing winch

Post #16

Last edited by THE CRAWLER KING; 03-17-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:05 PM   #14
LR3
Rock Crawler

I think I am gonna have to end up getting a BEC(thanks country_crawler). There is too much voltage for my ESC to run and it is all glitchy, sometimes randomly flooring it. My grandfather said he knows a way to get the bumpers mounted, and he will look at it. For some reason my grandfather thinks that the glitching problem is mechanical and not electrical and he always thinks he is right, even if 20 people tell him
Old 03-17-2011, 08:26 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
For some reason my grandfather thinks that the glitching problem is mechanical and not electrical and he always thinks he is right, even if 20 people tell him
Yeah you're gonna need a bec. You can get one from hobbyking for under $10.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:14 PM   #16
RCC Addict

This build will be awesome! Noticed you took the fj in the mud. Keep this one nice haha.
Hydro-Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #17
LR3
Rock Crawler

Alright goys I have a BEC on the way aswell as Axial's Spur Gear Cover. The BEC will fic the voltage problem and the Spur Gear will protect the wires and the spur gear. The body should get painted within the next few days so I should have some updates soon.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #18

"after I had replaced the electronics and moved the battery" why does it seem like the electronics go quick in these? I fried reverse in my stock esc the first time i drove mine. upgraded to the rooster and 55T Novak

"I have seen a couple of 1:1s like that and they look killer" ...I know its not a wrangler but heres my 1:1 cherokee and i think it looks pretty nice

BTW I know the left turn signal looks a little red. I was trying to take a pic of it with just one turn signal on and my timing was a little off so I caught it while it was just turning on.....

Last edited by XJ98; 03-18-2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: added stuff
XJ98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:18 PM   #19
RCC Addict

great looking build you have there, keep up the good work and im gonna subscribe to this thread, i wanna see what you turn this beast into. i have the same body and i love em, you picked a nice one. i heard that that winch you have there is super strong also, good job keep posting updates
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
...it is a trail worriOr haha
holy crap, someone spelled it out for you earlier and you still screwed it up again

Warrior - someone engaged in or experienced in warfare

Worrier - thinks about unfortunate events that might happen
brianw is offline   Reply With Quote